Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Helmet Bands question

Article about: hey guys, is there a post in the forums about helmet bands, like a guide that would help me with what bands were used in that era, and like what they were made of during the time and like wh

Default Helmet Bands question

hey guys, is there a post in the forums about helmet bands, like a guide that would help me with what bands were used in that era, and like what they were made of during the time and like what the cat eyes were used for etc. I'm trying to get a couple for my helmets, but i don't know whether the vietnam era bands were the same as the korean era bands etc.

Carl-

?

Default Re: Helmet Bands question

sorry there's really much info about helmet foliage bands only that they were used from late WW2 up til the present day as for the cats eyes these came into use post Nam & i assume were used as a way for the guy behind to have an indication of were the guy in front was when working in poor light conditions ??

ok, any indications to what the band the erai s from? such as markings, material used to make it etc? its just the only ones i can find are just plane OD green bands.

?

the plain OD ones im guessing are the ones on ebay these are made from Nam era never used stock, im not sure what materials were used but the WW2 era ones were unmarked & normally came attached to a helmet net but post war ie Nam era normally were marked with something like HELMET CAMO BAND US not quite sure of the exact wording as im doing this from work so do have access to my stuff to check.

oh ok, shame i can't find any that are marked, only plain ones where they are unstocked and are stiched up by the seller.

?

yeah they come off a real of unused stock then sewn together buy the seller.

is this the seller you're looking at ? BAND HELMET M-1 M1 ELASTIC ViETNAM ERA 1970 NEW NOS | eBay

yea i was looking at them, and other ones with cat eyes, that were pre vietnam.

?

those ones are fine if you want them for display they're exactly the same but with out the info printed on them you can even use the ones with cats eyes buy either removing the cats eyes or put them facing inwards for display's they do the job just as well.