Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

helmet display

Article about: Very nice! The famous 'DETOLF' cases!

Default Re: helmet display

Quote by patches3 View Post
    So can i put something like a rag between the styrofoam and the liner or would that not work? Can i put anything over the styrofoam to help it?
    Maybe wrap the head in foil or cling film / saran wrap, then wrap it in cloth like an old OG T shirt for aesthetics.

I dont know of any solutions, I just know that a man put a postwar cap on a styrofoam head for about a year and when he lifted it up the sweatband had seperated and was stuck to the head.

Cheers, Pat

?

Styrofoam heads should be avoided along with dyed cloth or plastics or anything that stresses the liners. A brushed metal paper towel holder by Umbra is what I use with a piece of felt on the top so as not to scratch the interior.

WW2 Helmet and Hat stands for German helmets, US M1 Helmet, all helmets and hats of World War II - I purchased a stand from Paul and the workmanship and service was superb.

I have made my own in the past, using 1 inch dowel, fixed into an edged base, much like a paper towel dispenser that Glenn has mentioned..

Ok, thanks. I am glad i asked this question. I owe you guys because this could have ended with a few broken helmet liners

Quote by DougB View Post
    Styrofoam heads should be avoided along with dyed cloth or plastics or anything that stresses the liners. A brushed metal paper towel holder by Umbra is what I use with a piece of felt on the top so as not to scratch the interior.
    So saran wrap wont be good. I was planning on potting a couple layers of that over the styrofoam and the rest i will make stand with the wood i have in the garage.

?

Quote by Aus der Traum View Post
    WW2 Helmet and Hat stands for German helmets, US M1 Helmet, all helmets and hats of World War II - I purchased a stand from Paul and the workmanship and service was superb.
    Looks absolutly fantastic. But it get expencive very quickly when you are ordering more than one or two stands.
    Collect ROA, Cossack, Schuma and other WW2 Volunteer militaria.

"Be Humble and kind, for you may find that it was Odin you entertained"

?

I make my own and find working with wood therapeutic. Although, no matter how many you build you always seem to need more.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9812.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	123.9 KB 
ID:	514054

Jimmy did a thread on GHW a while back.

http://www.walhalla.se/topic/22518-h...helmet-stands/

i have made a couple of stands for my helmets but wanted to know if i could cover the styrofoam heads in Saran Wrap layers so they dont go to waste. thanks, and i will post pictures of my new racks.

I use styrofoam heads, but I paint them (seal them) with regular latex paint (2-3 coats) and then clear coat with enamel clear or wood clear coat.
    Looking for following WWII German items:
    - anything dealing with Allenstein (Olsztyn) and Wehrkreis I in East Prussia,
    - entrenching tool carrier (straight and folding),
    - forestry and hunting items,

Polish Militaria 1914-1945 - https://www.facebook.com/groups/124584324789966/
    GTA Militaria - Discussions and Sales - https://www.facebook.com/groups/890720157646923/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast