Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Helmet heat stamp ID

Article about: Hi folks hope you are all having a great Christmas. Just before the holiday I acquired another M1 shell. This one is a rear seam swivel bail with the later double locking clasp, anchor marke

Default Helmet heat stamp ID

Hi folks hope you are all having a great Christmas. Just before the holiday I acquired another M1 shell. This one is a rear seam swivel bail with the later double locking clasp, anchor marked. The heat stamp is M335C. Im assuming postwar. Can anyone ID the year and maker? I'll try and post some pics.

Cheers all and hears to a happy new year for everyone on the forum.

Default Re: Helmet heat stamp ID

once theres pictures we should be able to help but you cant really give a exact year or anything for post war m1's cheers

?

That I think should be a McCord made pot, I believe the anchor stamp dates from the early to late 1960's, but impossible to get an exact date.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

you are correct the anchor stamps are from the 60's i have a few on my name era ones and mccord sounds correct too .as i said pictures would be cool though cheers capitano

Folks finally got back to my PC. Here's some pics. The last one is a salty old Mitchell cover it now wears, Helmet heat stamp IDHelmet heat stamp IDHelmet heat stamp ID
    Last edited by capitano; 12-30-2012 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Incorrectly loaded images first time around

Attachments uploaded in this way are always invalid,please use the manager uploader that way we can see the pics which are displayed with the thread permanenty,regards Dave.p.s welcome