Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

A Helmet that Landed in Holland

Article about: Hi, I was in my next door neighbors garage setting her sprinkler timer when I noticed a helmet sitting on a shelf. Whose helmut, I asked! She said it was her husbands when he landed aboad a

MAP
    ?

Quote by NTSOS View Post
    I

Hi Ralph....no, I have not done anything yet, I was waiting for your response....confusion here! 😊

John
    john,

no problem. Your new here so didn't realize.

if you or someone hasn't done it for you yet, here is the link that should explain it all.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/techn...uncements.html

Regards

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Great piece of history! I bet a good number of collectors would just love to get their hands on that helmet!

MAP
    ?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Great piece of history! I bet a good number of collectors would just love to get their hands on that helmet!
    Hmmm. Battle damage with provenance to an individual, in otherwise near mint shape, with netting and from an epic battle...nah...not for me....lol

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    john,

no problem. Your new here so didn't realize.

if you or someone hasn't done it for you yet, here is the link that should explain it all.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/techn...uncements.html

Regards

Michael
    Hi Michael.......as soon as the tennis match is over I'll get right to it!

Thanks so much!

John

?

Ok....I uploaded the images from my computer, but there is no edit post button on the original post.............oh Christ.....now what?

Thanks!

John

MAP
    ?

John,

Looks like someone already uploaded them. Had to be an administrator or moderator if not you.

So looks like you are all set. Wouldn't want to loose a beautiful example of a lid down the road.

As far as not having the edit function I'm not sure. Maybe this is available only to Gold members but as stated not sure.

Stick around and post some of your items if you got them

Regards,

Michael

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    John,

Looks like someone already uploaded them. Had to be an administrator or moderator if not you.

So looks like you are all set. Wouldn't want to loose a beautiful example of a lid down the road.

As far as not having the edit function I'm not sure. Maybe this is available only to Gold members but as stated not sure.

Stick around and post some of your items if you got them

Regards,

Michael
    Michael,

Ok, great.....thank man!

BTW, his wife just gave me a book that he had to read....it's called "Glide to Glory".....very interesting!

John

MAP
    ?

Looks interesting. Assume it is a post war account.

The local museum has one of these gliders on display and you can get real close and look inside. I would NEVER want to be flying in one of these things. Took guts for sure.

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Looks interesting. Assume it is a post war account.

The local museum has one of these gliders on display and you can get real close and look inside. I would NEVER want to be flying in one of these things. Took guts for sure.
    Yes, it's all first person unedited accounts.

I know, especially flying into a hot LZ in such a flimsy craft....some of the war time footage of the carnage was horrendous. In the early 50's, the airport at Alliance, Nebraska had a ww2 glider and they used to give folks glider rides....my dad took me up with him on one occasion, quite an experience for a little kid!

John

?

His wife gave me another book to read.........this paper was inside the cover"

She said their objective was Nijmegen.

John

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast