Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

helmet thinking of buying

Article about: i have found a helmet i got for \\$55. it has fixed bales and supposedly a medic helmet. i was wondering if the medic symbol is real and how much it is worth. it has no liner or chinstraps.

Default fixed bale M1 helmet

i have found a helmet i got for $55. it has fixed bales and supposedly a medic helmet. i was wondering if the medic symbol is real and how much it is worth. it has no liner or chinstraps.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture helmet thinking of buying   helmet thinking of buying  

helmet thinking of buying   helmet thinking of buying  

Last edited by patches3; 03-15-2013 at 01:01 PM.

Default Re: helmet thinking of buying

I think it was alright for that money, many fixed bails have missing chin straps, and yours looks like a schlueter shell. Have a look for a “S” underneath the front rim.
    The cross looks like much later a add on. As it seems to be painted over the rust, but close up shots of it would confirm this. The other shade of green on it is interesting, it may be camo or again a much later add on.
    need to find a nice liner to go with it
    Rod

?

It also looks to have traces of a much larger red on white cross, it's difficult to tell without better pics, but for $55 it looks OK
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

That cross is painted over rust, but at that price i'd buy it!...

I only collect fixe bales.
    55$ is a good price.
    I do like the red cross and the dark green paint ,the helmet look to me someone tried to make it better.
    chris

?

Well, didya win it?

Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

i will be getting it next week from ebay as andy said. i will definetely post more pictures. i found a complete liner with green A pieces inside and chinstraps that are original.

i will get the helmet next weekend because it has arrived but i just left to go on vacation for the week. i wanted to know, since everyone said the Red Cross was added later, if it could have been put on later in the war? i also wanted to know if anyone would want better pictures and of what part. Thanks.

- - Updated - -

i will get the helmet next weekend because it has arrived but i just left to go on vacation for the week. i wanted to know, since everyone said the Red Cross was added later, if it could have been put on later in the war? i also wanted to know if anyone would want better pictures and of what part. Thanks.

- - Updated - -

- - Updated - -

It looks like the cross was hand painted post-war, but who knows
    exactly when this was done. It is extremely bright.

If you have a beat up shell that may sell for $20 or $30,
    simply add a red cross and try and double or triple
    the return. Not saying that this is what happened
    here, but it is food for thought.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Paint work is a difficult one to date.
    It is really up to you what you think when you have it in hand, if it is painted over the rust and oil based It will most probably be a later add on, not ww2.
    You’ve still did ok for that kind of money
    Enjoy your holidays
    Rod

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast