Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Help Dating M1 Helmet

Article about: I believe is the M-1 helmet that was used anywhere from WWII era to the korean or vietnam wars but I am not positive which era it is from .There is a name inside , Kvetkosky F R(in two place

?

Default Help Dating M1 Helmet

I believe is the M-1 helmet that was used anywhere from WWII era to the korean or vietnam wars but I am not positive which era it is from .There is a name inside , Kvetkosky F R(in two places There is some faint stamped numbers that looks possibly 366A.(the 3 looks very faint) It is in good overall condition ,It has a swivel bale,No liner . There is average signs of age and use. Abit of light surface rust inside.

Can anyone help me out with dating this?
    Thanks!
    Help Dating M1 HelmetHelp Dating M1 HelmetHelp Dating M1 HelmetHelp Dating M1 HelmetHelp Dating M1 HelmetHelp Dating M1 HelmetHelp Dating M1 HelmetHelp Dating M1 HelmetHelp Dating M1 Helmet

Certainly looks WWII era to me.........
    Regards,

Steve.

MAP
    ?

I'm no M1 expert so couldn't help in looking at the lid itself, but with that name (not common) you could look at the NARA database and search for his enlistment records. Will tell you if he was WW2 or Korean War.

NARA - AAD - Main Page

I found 2 under ww2 but with different initials.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

If indeed 366A heat stamp, that would place manufactured as late '42. These Navy painted helmets saw long service well into Vietnam and beyond. There are still WWII period Navy overpainted helmets on many of the various floating museums.
    Regards,
    John