MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Help me buy M1 from Ebay

Article about: Hi Im after input on purchasing a M1 Keroen or Vietnam to start off my collection . Ive decided to go thru USA Ebay as ive had zero luck finding much in Australia My criteria is \\$100 + Shipp

?

Default Help me buy M1 from Ebay

Hi

Im after input on purchasing a M1 Korean or Vietnam era to start off my collection .

Ive decided to go thru USA Ebay as ive had zero luck finding much in Australia

My criteria is $100 + Shipping , so plz fire away with your input on purchases i should look at .

Thanx in Advance

Criss

If you are buying from ebay US, why not buy from an American dealer who has a good selection or has a credible returns policy ?
    For example there are plenty of M1s from Vietnam and Korea from these guys.
    Time Traveler Militaria - American Military Helmets

Morris

?

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    If you are buying from ebay US, why not buy from an American dealer who has a good selection or has a credible returns policy ?
    For example there are plenty of M1s from Vietnam and Korea from these guys.
    Time Traveler Militaria - American Military Helmets

Morris
    Thanx for the input Morris , ill do that .

Ebay's still a much better choice,the dealers are fixed price and those shown are nearly all overpriced,and lack supporting images,showing the shell itself,I picked up 2 Nam lids over xmas for under $70 plus shipping,but you do need to know what your looking at or post here first.......

Very overpriced, good advice Jake.

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Ebay's still a much better choice,the dealers are fixed price and those shown are nearly all overpriced,and lack supporting images,showing the shell itself,I picked up 2 Nam lids over xmas for under $70 plus shipping,but you do need to know what your looking at or post here first.......

What as a general rule should i be paying for a nice Vietnam M1 vs a Korean era M1

Thanx in Advance

Criss

It depends on what you are after,, what kind of look, a minty one that looks like it never seen battle or one that bears the scars of war,, do want a complete one or are you prepared to get shell and liner separate ,, the way i tend to go is for the been there look hundreds of front seam shells, about leave the finish as is then search for the liner this is where it gets tough they are there but most incomplete ie chin straps or sweatbands missing or damaged webbing if you have time this will be i guess the cheapest option,, lots of shells in the US some beauties stainless rims stress cracks and all,, mostly swivel bale now,, fixed bale would be good,, however if you want the complete set up it could be costly and possibly refurbed,,,Jake is your man he knows his onions and has been a great help to myself,, whatever you choose enjoy it, it will become part of your life and embrace its history.. Lots of ww2 lids to had too.
    Steve

Thanks Steve,I don't know everything,honest,there is as already said an awful lot to be taken into account when purchasing an M1 whether its supposed to be from the Korean war period or Vietnam,ww2 shells with original paint and bartacked chinstraps should fetch a bit more but in many cases this hasn't been so,also the cover is what really bumps the price,if it has one,an original USMC cover dated 1953(the only one made post ww2) really is a sort after item and will push the price right up even if the shell and liner are just basic average,early Nam Mitchells,the one's supplied through the Marine Corp supply agency dated 1959-1962 also add weight and are the most collectable,the two most obvious things are 1-whats the overall condition like?has the shell been repainted?is there any cracks or damaged webbing with the liner?are the chinstraps complete etc.2-how complete is the Helmet?is there a Mitchell?an elastic neoprene Band?is the sweatband and nape present?all these factors have to play a part,I've seen minty Nam era Lids exceed $150 plus,while slighty salty but complete examples have sold for as little as $50,so there's a lot of comparing and studying to do to try and work out a good priced original period Helmet to purchase........