Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Help me with this M1

Article about: A German helmet collector looking for help from the US M1 helmet collectors. What can you tell me about this helmet? These are the only pics I was able to get on short notice. I am going to

?

Default Re: Help me with this M1

There is a liner similar to that one on eBay for $40.00 buy it now. Note that on the one above somebody has put some type of pin through the liner to be able to afix the liner chinstrap, thus causing damage. I am assuming the pot is rear seam post war, so maybe $15.00 to $20.00 for one of those. You would have to loose the net, scrim and the leather chinstraps to display it for what it is, a 70's/80's Airbourne lid.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Yep don't need the trouble, I'll just pass. Saving my money for better things.

as its been mocked up as ww2 reinactment lid,i would'nt be surprised if the lid was a euro-clone,when buying any US M1 lid always ask for the heat lot number,most ebay sellers that know what there selling usually state it in the advert but if they havn't then ask,that way you can be sure of what your buying,the times i've seen US made liners inside euro shells,it beggers belief,even when there told they usually do nothing in regards to changing there advert and allow some poor fool to buy it anyway,any future choices always run it by us first for the once over,cheers dave.

Thanks Dave. I 99% of the time always do post before I buy with a few days buffer for response time. In totally lost on M1 helmets, so everyones help here is greatly appreciated! This one was a last minute find on Craigslist and today is my day off from work, so it was either meet the guy today or not at all. You all have saved me an hour drive and my money, for that I am thankful!

?

glad we could help you save time & money

Y'all most certainly did. Might have gotten me a nice flak badge instead

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12