MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help me with this M1

Article about: A German helmet collector looking for help from the US M1 helmet collectors. What can you tell me about this helmet? These are the only pics I was able to get on short notice. I am going to

Default Help me with this M1

A German helmet collector looking for help from the US M1 helmet collectors. What can you tell me about this helmet? These are the only pics I was able to get on short notice. I am going to look at the helmet in about 9 hours, and need to know if it's a good one or a repro. Also, what's a good offer to make on it? I know absolutely zip about M1 helmets, so please help me if you can. Your help is greatly appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help me with this M1   Help me with this M1  

Help me with this M1   Help me with this M1  

Help me with this M1   Help me with this M1  

Default Re: Help me with this M1

Hi Helmsstone, when you get to see the M1 helmet look at the code numbers that are printed on both the headband, neckband and also the liner webbing. I can see on your pictures that the headband and neckband look to have clear printing on them and what you are looking for is the numbers that follow the DSA.100......, section.The numbers that follow from there will give you the date of manufacture :i.e, DSA.100.76. That gives a date of 1976! Looks a good helmet but i don't think it will be a ww2 example,a good ww2 shell will also have the joining seam on the front of the steel sheel 99% of the time, i hope this helps. P.S on a closer look you could find this to be a little gem!!

?

well ok im not sure in what context this is being sold as but if its being sold as WW2 then no its not the liner is 60's onwards the liner chin strap is repro as for the shell i would also say thats 60's onwards as well !!

?

198(0?) sweatband, 1970's nape strap, 70's liner, dodgy chinstrap, liner leather strap looks to be repro or European. This looks like a re-enactors mock-up of a WW2 para lid. If the seller tells you this is WW2, punch him. Hard.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Last edited by aj4010; 07-20-2012 at 11:13 AM.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

NCA
    ?

..but on a positive note it does have the crash pad which is nearly always missing.
    Now, i may be wrong here but the liner looks to me like a 70's or 80's type and they didnt have the leather liner chinstrap did they.That looks to added too.
    A mock up maybe, but its still good.Just dont go believing its ww2.

Thank you all! He is asking $220 USD. Too high?

?

I think that is way too much, I've paid less for original WW2 M1's (not Para ones of course.)
    I'd pass on that one.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Ok. I was thinking it was rather high, and it didn't strike me as original WW2. Just didn't have that look. He said he would negotiate some, but I don't know how much. I was thinking more around 75-100, or is that still too high?

?

i personally would leave it & save my money for something that's not been messed with so much.

Thank you! Such invaluable service here. I'd be lost on this one without you all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast