Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Help with my grandfather's WWII USN helmet- Wallace Schur

Article about: I was researching my grandfather and found pictures of his helmet online. He was a sea bee. I am wondering if anyone knows the whereabouts of this helmet and if the owner is willing to sell.

ALG
    ?

Default Help with my grandfather's WWII USN helmet- Wallace Schur

I was researching my grandfather and found pictures of his helmet online. He was a sea bee. I am wondering if anyone knows the whereabouts of this helmet and if the owner is willing to sell. Thank you in advance.

-Amy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with my grandfather's WWII USN helmet- Wallace Schur   Help with my grandfather's WWII USN helmet- Wallace Schur  

Help with my grandfather's WWII USN helmet- Wallace Schur  

I am somewhat confused. You found these pics online ? Where, for sale on a website ? A forum ? Almost everything has a price tag on it....depends on what you are willing to pay

MAP
    ?

It was found here on the forum.

ALG: As noted in the other thread, did you try reaching out to member Anton67? That is the only way to find out for sure. Best bet (as noted already) is to send him a PM. The other option is to send him an email (also an option when you click on his name in the original thread.

Wish you luck.

WWII Named USN Fixed Loop - Wallace Schur
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

ALG
    ?

Thank you for your input. I found the original pics on this forum. Anton67 sold the helmet to someone on a similar forum but cannot remember who he sold it to. He said I can use the pics in my post. I'm hoping that person will recognize it and contact me. I'm new to this

MAP
    ?

Quote by ALG View Post
    Thank you for your input. I found the original pics on this forum. Anton67 sold the helmet to someone on a similar forum but cannot remember who he sold it to. He said I can use the pics in my post. I'm hoping that person will recognize it and contact me. I'm new to this
    Ok. No worries. We are here to help. Did he remember what the name of the other forum was? If so, your best bet is to become a member there and do the same as you did here. More likely that the current owner is still active there and thus more likely he will see it and contact you. Always the possibility he is a member here as well but odds are low.

Again, good luck. We are strong proponents of families keeping these items to remember and honor the service of their relatives.

ALG
    ?

Thank you for your help- I will put it on the other forum as well