Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Help needed in identifying M1 helmet

Article about: Hi all, My knowledge of American helmets is non existent so would love any help anyone can offer in identifying this helmet including approximate age, if it's genuine or a repro and opinion

Default Help needed in identifying M1 helmet

Hi all,

My knowledge of American helmets is non existent so would love any help anyone can offer in identifying this helmet including approximate age, if it's genuine or a repro and opinion on condition.
    Thanks in advance for any and all help

https://imgur.com/gallery/2ToPA

Original, reworked post WW2 M1 Helmet with a Vietnam era or later liner and camo cover.
    John

The shell is either late-WW2 or Korea; the paint is for certain Korea-era. Liner and cover are indeed Vietnam-era; they should both be dated (liner on the outside of the webbing, cover on the inside of one of the fingers). This set would be correct for Vietnam, especially if you source some original Vietnam-era clip-on chinstraps.

The liner is a Westinghouse due to the white ink number on the inside. The contract info on the suspension should give you the date. The Mitchell is a 1970 contract from I can tell. As the for the steel pot well that's seen a fair bit of service with all those layers of paint