Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

help needed with an M-1 helmet ????????

Article about: hiya guys got this M-1 today but i need a little help as im not sure if its US or not ? i got it off ebay & the only info the seller put was that it was a golf war vet bring back i have

?

Question help needed with an M-1 helmet ????????

hiya guys

got this M-1 today but i need a little help as im not sure if its US or not ?

i got it off ebay & the only info the seller put was that it was a golf war vet bring back i have sent him a message asking if there was any more info or history on this piece but i got no answer ?

the shell seems to be painted the same as VN era in colour & texture with a heat stamp number of 6871 but the bail hinges seem to be poorly attached & also the shell seems to be small as the liner dosent fit very well i have tried an older style liner but with the same affect.

on the outer side theres tape with the name MAJOR HOLLAND written on it & what looks to be 46N3 on another piece of tape to the front. to the front of the liner is written in marker IN GOD WE TRUST, OTHERS WILL GO TO HELL ??

anyway guys any info or input would be much appreciated

i hope this is ok to post here i know its not WW2 but im hoping that someone here will be able the help shed some light
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture help needed with an M-1 helmet ????????   help needed with an M-1 helmet ????????  

help needed with an M-1 helmet ????????   help needed with an M-1 helmet ????????  

help needed with an M-1 helmet ????????   help needed with an M-1 helmet ????????  

help needed with an M-1 helmet ????????  

Default Re: help needed with an M-1 helmet ????????

The liner is US for sure 1973- DSA 74 group (second half of 73) and some replacement liner parts 78 mfg.
    Here's some history on the DSA code http://www.dla.mil/history/history.aspx
    René

It wouldn't have been used in the gulf war...the US troops had the PASGT kevlar then. I have had a few late issue M1 shells that no matter how hard I tried, I could not properly fit the liner. This was a problem with the last of the steel M1's issued. It looks all US made to me. Not sure about the graffiti or tape.

?

I rhink this was worn by an Air Force officer. The numbers "46N3" is the job specialty code for a Clinical Nurse. Here is a link: AF Officer Job Description - 46NX - CLINICAL NURSE

It is quite possible for this to have been worn by an Air Force (regular/guard/reserve) officer during the Gulf War (Desert Storm/Desert Shield). There is also a chance (pretty slim) that it was worn during OIF/OEF. One of our Air Guard medics deployed to Iraq in 03 with her M-1. Said she got a lot of funny looks over there. The vast majority however would have worn the PASGT helmet.