Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help needed with US M-1 liner

Article about: Hi guys I have a US M-1 liner but I'm not sure from which period. Does anyone know when this liner was in use?

?

Default Help needed with US M-1 liner

Hi guys

I have a US M-1 liner but I'm not sure from which period. Does anyone know when this liner was in use?

Front vent hole is typical for WWII. Cloth liner bands are also looking like WWII. This appears to be missing several pieces. The nape cloth, the sweat band and the chin strap. NH

Can you get a better picture of the interior dome? We need to see the manufacturer name. NH

?

Thanks Neil! I'll see if I can take a better picture of the interior tonight or tomorrow.

Neil is correct, I will guess that its a westinghouse made liner, An early one. due to the "A" washers being galvanized and the nape strap being folded before its been riveted. these points are seen on early liners. obviously the outside has been repainted at some time.
    still a nice liner well done.
    regards
    Rod

The attached photo comes from Wikepedia. It should give you a good idea of what is missing. NH

?

Here's a photo of the marking in the liner.

?

Thanks Rod. I can see something written on the liner which unfortunately was painted over. it's not clear but it seems to be "R DAFFUE" and "C. Roland".

Westinghouse liner. A nice WWII era liner. NH

Quote by AndyZA View Post
    Thanks Rod. I can see something written on the liner which unfortunately was painted over. it's not clear but it seems to be "R DAFFUE" and "C. Roland".
    That's the trouble with M1s and liners. they could have been used to numerous people in different branch's over the decades since manufacture. This is why I never comment on when a helmet may have been repainted or when a stencil may have been added.
    I've got a 1943 westinghouse made liner which was issued to a British soldier for his tour of Cyprus in 1985.
    Just shows how long these have been knocked about.
    you never know what else may be below that repaint.
    all the best
    Rod

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast