MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Help needed USM1

Article about: Hi guys my first post on the Allied Helmet Forum. i'm not to familiar with U.S helmet and i'm on a mission to buy a WWII US helemt for a friend at a reasonnable price... but i want to make s

Default Help needed USM1

Hi guys

my first post on the Allied Helmet Forum. i'm not to familiar with U.S helmet and i'm on a mission to buy a WWII US helemt for a friend at a reasonnable price...
    but i want to make sure everything is ok and it is truly WWII period.
    Your opinions on this one will be much apreciated

thanks in advance

Help needed USM1Help needed USM1Help needed USM1Help needed USM1Help needed USM1Help needed USM1Help needed USM1Help needed USM1

Default Re: Help needed USM1

It is WWII manufactured m1, same as for the liner ill let others tell you more.

?

looks like a good late war M-1 from what i can make out of the heat stamp number it puts the manufacture of this lid roughly around February 1944.

Thank you for your replies !!! and fine to know that everything is authentic !!

The liner is missing it's leather sweatband.

Nice late-ware swivel-bale! Yes, missing the leather sweatband (they can be found if you want one), but it's great to see the leather liner strap still intact. I really like the cork finish. What is the maker of the liner?
    -Johannes

yeah that's right !! i knew something was missing...i like the cork finish too, don't know for the liner's maker, will see if i purchase it...
    have a great week end y'all