Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help please unsure of date of my M1

Article about: Hi Guys, I brought this lid the other day, really happy with it, however unsure if the buckle is right for the lid (suspect late war issue) do you guys think it has been added post war? I'm

?

Default Help please unsure of date of my M1

Hi Guys, I brought this lid the other day, really happy with it, however unsure if the buckle is right for the lid (suspect late war issue) do you guys think it has been added post war? I'm unsure of the configuration of the parts would really appreciate it if you guys can give me a date of the lid, liner and the chinstraps buckles, is possible that this helmet was issued to a GI during ww2 ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help please unsure of date of my M1   Help please unsure of date of my M1  

Help please unsure of date of my M1   Help please unsure of date of my M1  

?

ive put my lid next to my korean lid which is also fixed bale, front seam, also unsure of the paint, it does not appear to be repainted.

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    Please be patient, someone will be along to help you.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Looks like a nice, later production fixed bale M1 to me, which makes it around the first half of 1943 I think. I think the paint is original too and the helmet seems to have had little to no use. I don't see any red flags on these pics, looks like a nice original example.

Also the other lid will be ww2 period, as were all fixed bale and front seamed, possibly re used in korea, any heat stamp numbers available.
    Yours appears to have early straps too, maybe Jake and Ian will give you a more informed post later.

Looks like a Schleuter made helmet to me. It will be an earlier produced one if it is and very desirable. Take a pic of the front seam spot welds and the bales. Look for an S by the front seam with a number above it

High cork finish too, i have very soft spot for Schleuter lids.

Kamara here is a good link for schleuter and McCord identification
    Schlueter Vs McCord

Original Schlueter and olive painted A washers liners,but unissued or put together certainly not a set worn in the Combat zone as the Liner has never had a Headband in it,just my opinion but there are no croc clip marks on the webbing.!

?

Hi guys thanks for your comments, I was unable to fine the heat stamp S, only which likes like a 3 and a 0.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help please unsure of date of my M1   Help please unsure of date of my M1  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast