Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Help please with what I think is an American WW2 helmet

Article about: by davejb Thats an absolute steal, the liner , as everyone has said is a Firestone , indicated by the small embossed F inside the shield, the period dates from 1942-45 , have a look inside t

Default Re: Help please with what I think is an American WW2 helmet

Quote by davejb View Post
    Thats an absolute steal, the liner , as everyone has said is a Firestone , indicated by the small embossed F inside the shield, the period dates from 1942-45 , have a look inside the metal shell at the front and upwards towards the dome , there may be a serial no/ , cant believe it was at a car boot sale, you lucky devil
    Hi Dave
    Had a look and can't see a serial No, as I said earlier I am so pleased to pick up this original WW2 helmet at such a good price as I couldn't afford the 100 quoted above.
    Have to see what's out there next week.

Rob

?

Default Re: Help please with what I think is an American WW2 helmet

There might be one somewhere in the shell but very feint under the paint, the only deal that i missed out on was a japanese helmet with star, the wife had my wallet and another guy came up and bought it more or less out of my hands before she got there, the guy was asking a ridiculous low price, under 20 if memory serves, i nearly cried and filed for divorce

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12