Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help please with what I think is an American WW2 helmet

Article about: by davejb Thats an absolute steal, the liner , as everyone has said is a Firestone , indicated by the small embossed F inside the shield, the period dates from 1942-45 , have a look inside t

Default Help please with what I think is an American WW2 helmet

Hi Guys
    I picked up this helmet this morning from a car boot and I think it's an American WW2 helmet. I have looked at the guide on the forum and am a little confused as to if I can identify which model it is and would welcome any advice or points on the helmet.
    I hope no one minds me asking.

Thanks

Rob

?

Default Re: Help please with what I think is an American WW2 helmet

yes its a WW2 US fixed bail M-1 helmet with a firestone liner.

Quote by NickD View Post
    yes its a WW2 US fixed bail M-1 helmet with a firestone liner.
    Indeed, Nick is always right
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Hi
    Thanks for the confirmation on the helmet, I paid £7.50 for it which I thought was a good price, did I do ok?

Rob

Very nice WW2 American M1 helmet. The seam on the rim of the helmet is at the front which is an indicator that it is WW2 (the seam moved to the rear of the helmet very late in the war and continued post war). Are the bales (the pieces that hold the chin strap) fixed (welded to the helmet) or do the move (swivel)?
    The liner is made by Firestone.
    There will be others of the forum who will give you a lot more info. It looks like a good honest piece, worth £60+ (If it has fixed bales considerably more). What did you Pay?

?

Quote by biffrocks View Post
    Hi
    Thanks for the confirmation on the helmet, I paid £7.50 for it which I thought was a good price, did I do ok?

Rob
    that is an absolute bargain for £7.50 you're looking at £100+ for an M-1 like this.

Hi
    The bales are fixed and am well pleased with the valuation as I had no idea.
    It's great to have an original WW 2 item.
    Rob

?

& you're also very lucky to have found it at a UK car boot sale all the times ive gone to car boots ive only ever found either the euro clone types or late 70's to early 80's M-1's but never WW2.

Quote by NickD View Post
    & you're also very lucky to have found it at a UK car boot sale all the times ive gone to car boots ive only ever found either the euro clone types or late 70's to early 80's M-1's but never WW2.
    Hi Nick
    I spend hours going round car boots and I think it's the best buy i've had. There was also a British 1939 helmet which i picked up for the same price.

Rob

?

Thats an absolute steal, the liner , as everyone has said is a Firestone , indicated by the small embossed F inside the shield, the period dates from 1942-45 , have a look inside the metal shell at the front and upwards towards the dome , there may be a serial no/ , cant believe it was at a car boot sale, you lucky devil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast