Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help ww2 helmet?

Article about: by aj4010 This one has literally just appeared on eBay: VINTAGE US ARMY GROUND TROOP'S TYPE 1 HELMET DLA100-85-l-4313 Lot No 8? | eBay Welcome to the forum Charles. Best Regards, Andy That l

Default Help ww2 helmet?

Hello,

I bought this American helmet a little while ago and i dont know if it is WW2 or post war. Can anyone help me please?

I was told the chin strap is a paratrooper chinstrap. It seems to have either B or 8-3-28 or could poss be 38 i dont know, writen twice on the inside.

At the front of the helmet on the inside there is an 0A the rest of the numbers are worn away but there is definitely a clear A! I could not get pictures of this as my camera couldnt pick it up.

Here are some pictures...

thanks

Charles

Default Re: Help ww2 helmet?

Welcome to the forum.The chinstrap is most certainly a post war 1980's job.

Hi Charles, what you have is a post war helmet. Can't help on the country.

Cheers,
    Ken

- - Updated - -

Shell could be WWII though, reissued after the war perhaps. May well be a Schlueter.

NCA
    ?

Hi.The chinstrap isnt a Para type.This type was issued to replace the ones that were held on by a metal fold over clip.The colour of the shell leads me to believe its a post war issue..late 70's-80's.

Hi guys

Thanks for the information!!! Shame it a 70's - 80's chinstrap. Im sort of new to the military collecting, infact i started at the begining of the year and i have already got two rusty german helmets and a couple of british helmets and what i thought was a american ww2. Oh well i guess i have something to look out for now.

By the way may i ask what is a schlueteer helmet?

thanks again
    Charles

NCA
    ?

Schlueter is the name of one of the main makers of ww2 us helmets.The other is McCord.Schlueter helmets have an 'S' below the number.
    Dont be be too downbeat about it..theres a lot to learn with these things and an 80's lid is still cool!Get a liner and camo cover and it'll look the business.

Thanks NCA! I will be getting a book soon all about every single helmet and a couple of chinstraps from the 1800's to present so hopefully i will be able to learn a lot from that! i have been looking for a liner for it for a while on ebay and some other websites but cant find any. does anyone know where i can get one?

Thanks a million you have been very helpful!

?

Quote by Charles Green View Post
    Thanks NCA! I will be getting a book soon all about every single helmet and a couple of chinstraps from the 1800's to present so hopefully i will be able to learn a lot from that! i have been looking for a liner for it for a while on ebay and some other websites but cant find any. does anyone know where i can get one?

Thanks a million you have been very helpful!
    This one has literally just appeared on eBay:

VINTAGE US ARMY GROUND TROOP'S TYPE 1 HELMET DLA100-85-l-4313 Lot No 8? | eBay

Welcome to the forum Charles.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Thank you i might bid on that! on the other items he is selling there is a helmet with camouflage that is the exact same helmet as mine with the same chinstrap but it doesnt have a liner, typical.
    Thank you again

?

Quote by Charles Green View Post
    Thank you i might bid on that! on the other items he is selling there is a helmet with camouflage that is the exact same helmet as mine with the same chinstrap but it doesnt have a liner, typical.
    Thank you again
    I think he may have taken the liner out of that helmet he has to make a few extra quid by selling them separately.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast