Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

The hobby within the hobby!

Article about: Hello, I know a few members of the forum are familiar with returning M-1s to their original state after they have been repainted. So I have started this process with a M-1 I have had for a w

Default The hobby within the hobby!

Hello, I know a few members of the forum are familiar with returning M-1s to their original state after they have been repainted. So I have started this process with a M-1 I have had for a while. Ive been using duck tape, M-2 remover, a rag, paper towel and a razor blade. Im not finished with it yet this is how far Ive gotten so far. Enjoy! - Nick K

The hobby within the hobby!The hobby within the hobby!The hobby within the hobby!The hobby within the hobby!The hobby within the hobby!The hobby within the hobby!The hobby within the hobby!The hobby within the hobby!The hobby within the hobby!The hobby within the hobby!

Default Re: The hobby within the hobby!

looks like you have opened a can of worms there Nick.
    Keep up the good work and post a picture when your finished.
    regards
    Rod

Default Re: The hobby within the hobby!

What suprises await us under so many of those old M-1's. Myself, I've reserected 4 of these and will do more as I come across them in hopes to find the very special helmet. I use some stuff called "Goof Off", you can get it at Loews, Home Depot or pretty much any large hardware store.....use that with a cotton ball and q-tip swaps. The stuff can be pretty agressive though, I've messed one helmet up pretty bad.

Can't wait to see the finished product Nick!

Russ