Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

I.D. on liner equired.

Article about: Gents, can anyone shed light on this liner, a "Firestone" wartime liner, looks to be painted in "Pacific" theatre of War green, but what are the markings...MP ?, or perha

Default I.D. on liner equired.

Gents, can anyone shed light on this liner, a "Firestone" wartime liner, looks to be painted in "Pacific" theatre of War green, but what are the markings...MP ?, or perhaps they are not even U.S., had some type of badge fitted on the front, (the front eyelet is missing), comments much apprectiated.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I.D. on liner equired.   I.D. on liner equired.  

I.D. on liner equired.   I.D. on liner equired.  

I.D. on liner equired.   I.D. on liner equired.  

?

Default Re: I.D. on liner equired.

is the webbing Khaki or OD green as from the picture it looks like OD green ???

Quote by NickD View Post
    from the picture it looks like OD green ???
    Correct......
    Prost ! Steve.

?

It is a firestone made liner. I think post WWII.
    The stripe around the helmet usually stands for a military policeman.
    Hope I have helped.
    SteveR

?

with the webbing being OD green SteveR is correct its a post war 1950's liner possibly an MP's liner ?

SteveR/NickD, to my knowledge, the first olive drab suspension straps first appeared in Spring 1942, this colour/shade was known as "OD #3" and continued into the 1950's when a darker olive drab colour known as "OD #7" was adopted, IMO this helmet liner has the lighter OD, any liner having an OD colour suspension should not be automatically assumed post war production.......any way back to the original question, I too was leaning towards MP markings, but was curious to see if anybody else had seen these "particular" markings...I assume it has had a small metal badge of some sorts fitted. Between 1977 and the late 80's I had a large collection of U.S. militaria, spanning WW2, Korea thro to Nam, looking at todays prices I wish I had'nt of sold it all, to pursue my Imperial German cravings ! back then the stuff was for peanuts ! (including Hawley liners !) Prost ! Steve.

?

according to the HELMETS OF THE ETO " the cotton suspension was first produced in dark khaki colour but became almost tan by the end of the war. dark green suspensions were fitted to liners produced starting in 1951" & also the A washers are black painted steel which also is only a post war addition so yes your liner is of 1950's manufacture. but i still cant help with the makings sorry.

NickD, I too have that book, so I had some of the black paint removed from the "A" washer, and they are steel ! I had assumed they were brass, coated in a protective black as in 1944, so its a huge slice of humble pie ! I was wrong ..... the liner does indeed have to be a later Firestone from 1950 on, you were right, although I must agree to disagree over the drab olive/khaki colours of the suspension straps.....that said, I shall stay on my own sub forums in future, lesson learnt ! Prost ! Steve.

?

hiya Steve

"I shall stay on my own sub forums in future" no need to do that as i myself have still a lot to learn about these things its just im fortunate enough to have quite a few WW2 US liners including two early low pressure versions & have seen a great variety as well on another forum im on & as of yet Ive never seen green webbing suspension in any of them but like i said im still learning & theres still things out there Ive yet to see

I've seen early Viet Nam lids with the same type of liner too. jmo