Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

I have a question about my m1 helmet

Article about: What do you think of my m1? It has post war paint with white and the post war paint is scratch off on some of the helmet. There is also velcro on the helmet shell and liner.

Default I have a question about my m1 helmet

What do you think of my m1? It has post war paint with white and the post war paint is scratch off on some of the helmet. There is also velcro on the helmet shell and liner.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I have a question about my m1 helmet   I have a question about my m1 helmet  

I have a question about my m1 helmet   I have a question about my m1 helmet  

Default Re: I have a question about my m1 helmet

Hi

I'm guessing that maybe the shell was painted white, because it might have been used as a MP helmet, the velcro is a mystery?????
    The liner appears to have very little use,or was unissued.The shell and liner do not seem to match in terms of usage.
    Nice looking lid, never the less.

Is it front seam? It looks like a korean war era camo job. I had a similar snow camo that was korean but that liner doesn't look period.

Its a rear seam

What IM wondering about the liner is that it has no ventilation whole/whole for the insignia in front. So it could be a Westinghouse liner from the 60's.

Which stamps ar on the straps/sweat band etc. in the liner?
    What sis the marking in the liner looking like?

Has the shell a stamp inside in front?

the velcro looks like it is in place to keep the liner from falling out easly

Quote by merluzza View Post
    What IM wondering about the liner is that it has no ventilation whole/whole for the insignia in front. So it could be a Westinghouse liner from the 60's.

Which stamps ar on the straps/sweat band etc. in the liner?
    What sis the marking in the liner looking like?

Has the shell a stamp inside in front?
    merluzza it has a square were the stamp was, the only thing I can make out is the westinghouse "W" was.