Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Identifying M1 pots

Article about: I have two good condition pots. One is a rear seam heat stamped '1210H' The other is nice condition front seam stamped 'D' with 60's style paratrooper straps. The front seam also had a parat

JDP
    ?

Default Identifying M1 pots

I have two good condition pots. One is a rear seam heat stamped '1210H' The other is nice condition front seam stamped 'D' with 60's style paratrooper straps. The front seam also had a paratrooper liner with later hardware and stamped 'US 29' plus a Mitchell cover from around 1970 stamped "DSA 100 70 C 0822".

MAP
    ?

JDP,

Welcome to the forum. We have some good M1 experts here who can help.

But pictures would really help. Also, not really sure what your question is?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

JDP
    ?

MAP,

My apologies, I wasn't clear at all. I need help dating said helmets. Also, I can't get them now but I will have pictures up soon.

MAP
    ?

Thanks. I'm sure one of the M1 guys will be around in due course.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

First one dates around March/ April 1945 providing its McCord manufactured helmet , second one must have a badly stamped number before the D if that's all it says if its a front seam.
    welcome
    Rod

JDP
    ?

Rod
    Thanks! I'm having trouble attaching photos so sorry for that; but you are correct with the front seam. After some looking it appears that there are three ones in front of the D, so 111D. The inside of the helmet looks to have never been repainted so it is very scratched up; I can only feel one of the ones so it is also possibly '1D' if the other two marks are just well placed scratches.
    JD

Moved to the correct forum.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

JD, are the chinstrap loops on the Front Seam welded in place or can they swivel?
    lIdentifying M1 pots
    Fixed
    Identifying M1 pots
    Swivel

if they are Fixed then it is possible for the Heat Stamp to be 111D, if they are swivle then the heat stamp is probably not 111D, although I think there are some that were first made with fixed loops, then one or both loops broke off, and they were repaired with swivle loops.
    George

JDP
    ?

Thanks George, the pot is a swivel bail. I finally figured out the image attachment system, but don't have acces true computer at the moment. I will be able to have pictures up tomorrow afternoon, hopefully that will help.
    JD