Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Identifying My M1 Helmet

Article about: Hello everyone and thanks so much for taking a look at this post! I have had this helmet for 20+ years and never really thought much about it until clearing out the office and getting rid of

?

Default Identifying My M1 Helmet

Hello everyone and thanks so much for taking a look at this post! I have had this helmet for 20+ years and never really thought much about it until clearing out the office and getting rid of some stuff. The more I research it the more I'm enjoying the potential history it might have behind it.

That being said I don't know much about it at all other than I believe it is an M1 made in 1967. Potentially Marines? I haven't had much luck finding others with the same Camo pattern or look of the (Kevlar?) underneath.

Can anyone fill me in on what this might be and what it could be worth? Thanks so much!

(working on figuring out how to upload pics)

?

Here's some pictures. Thanks for checking in!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying My M1 Helmet   Identifying My M1 Helmet  

Identifying My M1 Helmet  

NCA
    ?

Looks to be a Airborne liner with the 'A' straps added.Shell looks to be a late ww2 one with what I think is a USMC camo cover.You can see this type of cover if you google pics of Marines in the Pacific war.

Dear Friend,

It could be useful to see the shell without cover.
    I think it's a ww2 shell with a Vietnam liner....may be an impression but the liner sinks inside (also considered the thikness of the cover)... so may be a shell taller than a Vietnam era shell....chinstrap seems to be sewn and so ww2 or immediately post but some pictures of details of the shell without cover, of chinstrap too may help....also to see inside the shell heat numbers, if it's a rear or front seam to date it correctly
    to date ithe cover seems to be a marine ww2, the second type ( with holes for foliage)...but about its authenticity I don't pronounce because I don't feel prepared me.....

?

Awesome! Can you elaborate a bit? So you think the helmet might be earlier than the strap that reads 1967 (potentially added later?)

?

I will look when I get home to get the liner off and post more pics. Is it easy? Could someone guide me on how to remove the liner?

May be...but we must see the shell....when you have time post some photos without cover......I see from the pictures that the liner sinks.....ww2 m1 were taller than Nam era helmets....so your liner 1967 (as you say) may have been stuck in WW2 shell....but this is a ''clue''...and not more until we can'see its profile nake, its rim (rear or frontal) heat numbers...

with caution try to pull away the liner....liner it's put in pressure...with caution though liner seems to be solid.....gently....

?

Is it easy to remove the cover? Any instruction on how to do that? I can post mote pictures tonight! Thanks so much for your help

do not worry more than necessary ... the cover is between liner and shell ... you take away the liner and the cover you'll just move it ... quiet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast