Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Identifying US Helmet

Article about: Hello all! I'm fairly new to collecting WW2 memorabilia and am still learning but have not read much about helmets. I happened to be poking around some local antique stores with my wife toda

Default Identifying US Helmet

Hello all! I'm fairly new to collecting WW2 memorabilia and am still learning but have not read much about helmets. I happened to be poking around some local antique stores with my wife today and happened to come across the attached helmet. Sorry for the poor quality pics but I only had my iPhone on me and wasn't expecting to be snapping pictures. I just grabbed a couple of pics to see if it was worth investigating further. Any help in identifying it would be greatly appreciated!

Identifying US HelmetIdentifying US Helmet

Default Re: Identifying US Helmet

Vietnam war

Thank you for your help. I figured it was later than WW2.

It's a rear seam helmet, with post war paint. The bars are painted later on the helmet (I think). And vietnam liner. But I like the helmet!
    Greetings

Thank you for the additional information! The liner is what seemed to me to make it later than WW2. It appeared to be original to the helmet but unlike the WW2 era liners I've seen pictures of. Particularly the color.

Yes, the liner-webbing is green (about 1963). The ww2 liners are light brown.

That's what I thought. Thank you for your help! I appreciate you identifying the helmet but also informing me as to how you were able to do so.

You're welcome :-)