Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

im new, can somebody please help with value?

Article about: how much is the seller asking ?

?

Default Re: im new, can somebody please help with value?

how much is the seller asking ?

Im sorry i was not clear enough. I did mention in the first post that i started to collect m1 helmets from now on. But english is not my native language, let blame it on that. That you for the reply so far. To be clear, what do you mean with standard box complete lid?

Thanks for the help.

so whats the sellers price?regards minnie.

To be clear, what do you mean with standard box complete lid?

Thanks for the help.[/QUOTE]
    what Minnie means by “box standard”.
    it’s just a way of saying an ordinary ww2 m1 standard complete fixed bale helmet with its complete liner but not with any stencils or decals.
    One with proven decals would be worth more he’s saying. All sorts of fake decals including aged ones have been put on helmets for years now, which makes it very difficult to tell what’s good or bad.
    He is like me I think, we don’t really trust anything with a decal, which is sad to say,
    How much is it going for.
    Rod

I also think it is sad that so much is fake, i realy cant stand it. Seeing a nice front seam with a freshly applied patch on it.
    The seller is willing to sell it to me for 250€
    Last edited by RobbyMB; 10-02-2012 at 06:32 AM.

?

i personally would not pay 250€ for it it's not in the best of condition theres no telling from those pic's whether the two yellow bars are original or not or even what they mean the remains of the dark OD green would suggest post war repaint/reissue at a push i would pay no more than 100€ but that's just me.

The two yellow bars is clear to me. You an it in my post in the previous page. Its a french Lt. Bar. Also found it on wiki. I have close ups of the yellow bars if that can make any difference.

Thanks

?

they would help but as for price its really up to you if you feel the price is right then buy it its entirely your choice.

Is 100€ not realy low for a fixed bale with still its straps and a firestone liner that only missing the leather chinstrap?
    The price is down to 235 for shell and liner incl shipping now.

?

Hi,
    I'm also new to the forum, started last week in a german forum, but also have british an as militaria.
    It looks like the M1 has dropt a little in price last years, anyone got the same idea?
    A helmet like this used to go for well over € 100 I think.

I will post some picture's of my M1 helmets in a new thread. Nothing fancy just some old pots, but I like to know your
    opinion.

regards Menno

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast