Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

im new, can somebody please help with value?

Article about: how much is the seller asking ?

?

Default Re: im new, can somebody please help with value?

Quote by RobbyMB View Post
    Is 100€ not realy low for a fixed bale with still its straps and a firestone liner that only missing the leather chinstrap?
    The price is down to 235 for shell and liner incl shipping now.
    like i said that's just me fixed bail M-1s are not rare & Ive seen ones in a lot better shape than this one go for only $300 which is about 232€. as i said its up to you if you feel comfortable with paying that money then go for it.

I have to disagree on that. A few years back i could buy a nice front seam swivel with firestone liner for 125€. And just a firestone liner for around 50/60€ now you have to pay almost 80 Now for a single firestone liner. I think that there are more crappy helmet for sale that are cheaper

But about this helmet i still have to think. The liner is nice though.
    Last edited by RobbyMB; 10-02-2012 at 04:13 PM.

Sorry different question about a different helmet. What will a solid D bale shell cost? With straps still attached
    Pics will come when im home.
    Thanks in advance

?

well IF & that's a very big IF its an original D bail shell with straps you're looking $10'000 upwards as these are very rare helmets & because of this they're highly faked !!!!!!

here are some pics that i have:

?

would need better pic's of the bails & bail area also the heat stamp would be of great use as well but from what i see so far im not getting a good feeling.

Rough guide to the US M-1, M-2 & M-1C shell

i asked for better pics. He is quick in reply so one moment for that. It has a camo paint covering the helmet, but you prob already seen that. Why are you have doubt.
    (learning stage here)

Thanks

?

im not seeing whats called a dimple (an indent in the rim by the bail area) because D bail helmets were made with early shells which had this dimple ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture im new, can somebody please help with value?  

okay, you are probably right on this. still did not receive any pics.

so if you had like 200e to spend, what would be the wised choice for you guys.
    the first fixed bale with firestone with french Lt. bars on front (first page)
    the possible to certain fake Dbale helmet' (this Page)
    or an awesome mint fixed bale 481C with liner, with no stenciling what so ever. (below)

These choices i have now. i think i know what i want

That D bale on that helmet is a very good copy by the looks of it. Probably one of the best I’ve seen. Thankfully as Nick says it has no dimple which is a dead give away for it to be a fake. How much was he wanting for that helmet out of interest.
    The last helmet looks promising, apart form the ware on the liner looks uneven to the helmet.
    You would have to get more pictures of it first, the chin straps on the pot look very new. Its maybe me just being paranoid.
    Regards
    Rod

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast