Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Inland Paratrooper Liner

Article about: well looks like you got your answer on USMF you're a lucky fella indeed

Default Inland Paratrooper Liner

Picked up this Inland liner today.
    Any thoughts on authenticity and value?
    Also what type of pot would you put with it?
    FB or SB?
    Unsure if I can find either with the chinstraps with snaps.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Inland Paratrooper Liner   Inland Paratrooper Liner  

Inland Paratrooper Liner   Inland Paratrooper Liner  

?

Default Re: Inland Paratrooper Liner

May I ask where you got that?

Kind Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

I got it at a flea market in Lancaster PA, USA.

?

A mint "unissued" Inland jump liner is a rare (and valuable) thing indeed. It looks a little too new to me. I have to say though that I have never had one of these in hand, but this one looks a little like a Top Pots reproduction. Have a look here.
    M-2 Helmet Shell Liner D Bale D Ring Helmet
    I hope I'm wrong though!

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Would a repro have a faded J&J stamp on it?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Inland Paratrooper Liner  

Also, the buckles have rust on them. I think my iphone pics make the condition look a little nicer than it is. Although it is in excellent condition.

?

The honest answer is I don't know! I do hope it is real, perhaps I'm getting a little too cynical. I'm sure somebody with more experience than me will be able to give you the answer. If it is a real one, it's quite a find.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

I know what you mean. I am very skeptical myself with this stuff since there are a lot of fakers out there. I only paid $80 figuring even an original WWII liner is worth $60 or so. I do truely believe it is real though based on the dirt and imperfections that you can not see by my photos. Somebody told me that it could be worth up to $2k if authentic. That frankly shocked me.

?

You know, when I first saw it, I thought Top Pots. Perhaps some more photos of the rust etc. in macro with a better camera would help. Useful shots would be of the buckle, the female snaps and the rivet heads of the A straps.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

I will get some better pics tomorrow.
    I still dont think Top Pots uses J&J webbing though.
    Also in the first pic you can see some of the rust/corrosion.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast