Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Interesting.......

Article about: Good People of the Forum. Below are some photographs of a recent sale on Ebay. I had a very lively conversation with the seller. It sold for £600. May I ask for your opinions? eBay - The UK'

?

Default Interesting.......

Good People of the Forum.
    Below are some photographs of a recent sale on Ebay. I had a very lively conversation with the seller. It sold for £600.
    May I ask for your opinions? eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Kind Regards,

Andy

?

Default Re: Interesting.......

Pictures uploaded for future reference.

Guys, PLEEEEEASE remember that when the link a link such as this goes dead, the thread is useless and no-one will be able to see the item being discussed.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting.......   Interesting.......  

Interesting.......   Interesting.......  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Ok, fair enough, but I was wrestling with windows snipping tool, which is not behaving at the moment for me, and I fully intended to do a "For Posterity" follow up. Seems like you beat me to it, thanks!
    Kind regards,

Andy

?

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    Ok, fair enough, but I was wrestling with windows snipping tool, which is not behaving at the moment for me, and I fully intended to do a "For Posterity" follow up. Seems like you beat me to it, thanks!
    Kind regards,

Andy
    No problem, a pet hate of mine is when I am researching something, find a thread about it only to discover no images and only a long dead link........

That's why members are encouraged to post pictures instead of links.

NCA
    ?

Something like that id need to see it 'in hand'.Impossible to form an opinion from the pictures.

Whats wrong with it then?..and why did the 506th leave all their lids in Normandy?

?

Ok, understood. Windows 7 snipping tool seems to have defeated me though. Glad you got them for posterity.
    And your thoughts on this helmet?

Kind Regards.

Andy

There is another way to get ebay pics...enlarge one of the pics, right click on the enlarged pic and click on "view page source" - In that window click on edit at the top and then click find...a small box will open at the bottom of the window that you can type into - Type 3.JPG or 12.JPG into the box. - When you find either one of these, highlight and copy the entire string...it looks like a web address.(http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDM2WDg0NQ==/$(KGrHqJHJBME63Uw2BUmBO6qo4eTh!~~60_3.JPG) - Open a separate search engine window and paste it into the web address bar...hit search and the pic your after should appear, full size, without the ebay watermark - copy the pic and save. - This can be done with every picture in the listing.

If your pic comes up small like the ones in the listing, keep searching near the end of the source page...the web address string has to end in either 3.JPG or 12.JPG

Sounds complicated, but it is easy with some practice.

?

Quote by mk1rceme View Post
    There is another way to get ebay pics...enlarge one of the pics, right click on the enlarged pic and click on "view page source" - In that window click on edit at the top and then click find...a small box will open at the bottom of the window that you can type into - Type 3.JPG or 12.JPG into the box. - When you find either one of these, highlight and copy the entire string...it looks like a web address.(http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDM2WDg0NQ==/$(KGrHqJHJBME63Uw2BUmBO6qo4eTh!~~60_3.JPG) - Open a separate search engine window and paste it into the web address bar...hit search and the pic your after should appear, full size, without the ebay watermark - copy the pic and save. - This can be done with every picture in the listing.

If your pic comes up small like the ones in the listing, keep searching near the end of the source page...the web address string has to end in either 3.JPG or 12.JPG

Sounds complicated, but it is easy with some practice.
    Excellent info, thanks for that.

Best Regards,

Andy

?

..and why did the 506th leave all their lids in Normandy?

I think that more have been "found" there than were ever issued to the 506th.
    Strange......

Best regards,

Andy

?

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    Ok, understood. Windows 7 snipping tool seems to have defeated me though. Glad you got them for posterity.
    And your thoughts on this helmet?

Kind Regards.

Andy
    Andy,
    I genuinely have no idea about the helmet, not my collecting area. I just posted the pics before the link died so a discussion could take place. I will be watching the thread though to see what opinions maybe forthcoming. What are your thoughts on the lid?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast