Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Just another M1 and liner: Authentic US WW II?

Article about: Dear all, May I ask you about anothter 'pot' please? What do you think about? Authentic US WW2? Please don't feel disturb that I present currently a lot of M1 but I am just new about looking

Default Just another M1 and liner: Authentic US WW II?

Dear all,

May I ask you about anothter 'pot' please? What do you think about? Authentic US WW2? Please don't feel disturb that I present currently a lot of M1 but I am just new about looking for an authentic US WW II M1 and so - although I have informations by this forum and the literature - I have not the right feeling for these helmets at the moment. I hope it's okay for you?

With best wishes
    alter musketier

Just another  M1 and liner:  Authentic US WW II?

In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Seems like a nice, late-WW2 helmet and liner. Paint looks original too. Of the ones you posted this one looks the most original, but like I said it is late-war (front-seam with green chinstraps). Sweatband might be post-war though.

Hi Alter. Do you own this helmet or is it being offered for sale. It looks to be a schleuter made helmet but hard to tell without more detailed pictures. Need to be able to see the maker marks on the helmet and the liner to be more sure of dating this piece you have.

?

You have been on a role Alter with these M1's. Did you find a warehouse of pristine surplus helmets someplace??

Semper Fi
    Phil

can i get a closeup of the texture of the pot, in my opinion it seems a little darker and more coarse then the normal cork texture. maybe its just me! i have one exactly like this same chinstraps, rear seam, dark color and what i think is a rough texture

Dear all,

Thank you very much for your evaluations! Sorry, I have no additional pics, the helmet doesn't belong to me.

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    You have been on a role Alter with these M1's. Did you find a warehouse of pristine surplus helmets someplace??

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Yes, indeed, a nice idea to find such a warehouse However in reality I am just on the search for an authentic WW 2 M1.

I wish you a Happy New Year!
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917