Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Just bought a m-1 helmet and I need help on the date!

Article about: Marty, I am not saying the Marines didn't mark anything. They did and I have several pieces of Marine marked field gear. Marines actually had some items marked as early as the Spanish Americ

?

Default Re: Just bought a m-1 helmet and I need help on the date!

Marty,

I am not saying the Marines didn't mark anything. They did and I have several pieces of Marine marked field gear. Marines actually had some items marked as early as the Spanish American War.

I am just saying there are no helmet parts marked specifically to the Marines other than thier camo cover.

Josey

Quote by Josey View Post
    Marty,

I am not saying the Marines didn't mark anything. They did and I have several pieces of Marine marked field gear. Marines actually had some items marked as early as the Spanish American War.

I am just saying there are no helmet parts marked specifically to the Marines other than thier camo cover.

Josey
    Oh I know Josey, I guess he was talking about ww2 stuff I'm not sure if I think the guy was right , it's just what he told me you know how that goes, I actually have a sweat band in one of my m-1 helmets & it is marked marines, and I love that sweat band I think its Viet Nam era , because its black & padded, very much more comfortable than the others i have. ok I looked its green on the back side & either made in 74 0r 75 by the Gentex corp. right now its in one of my ww2 front seam, with the ww2 marine cover. guess I will have to take it out & put it in one of my m-1 c para helmets. anyway that guy could be right, but he could be wrong. but since the marines were mainly the ones who fought in the pacific, yeah I know there was some army units in the pacific also. I collect patches too, but it's just what he said, not me, so if you find any more let me know , thanks I appreciate it . also Carfin thanks for the info on the book it gave me a long page of search places, but I will have to go back to it & type in more info, so any way guys thanks for the info & Josey later tonight I will write down all the info in the marine sweatband, but it is the most comfortable band I have, I still need about 4 of the Viet Nam nape bands, to me those are more comfotable than the ww2 type also. thanks guy's time to go munch out on supper
    take care & regards Marty

Josey,

Sorry for the late post. you are correct with the nape strap being marked as S. M. C. I guess i got excited and just thought their was a U. infront of that. Sorry again for the late post.
    Chad

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3