Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Korean war M1 (2nd Rangers)????

Article about: Hi all Here's my latest acquisition... I believe it to be a Korean war era M1... it's a rear seam swivel bale with a 51/52 Westinghouse CAPAC liner,with green webbing (nape strap is missing

Default Korean war M1 (2nd Rangers)????

Hi all
    Here's my latest acquisition... I believe it to be a Korean war era M1... it's a rear seam swivel bale with a 51/52 Westinghouse CAPAC liner,with green webbing (nape strap is missing and suspension is cut) and a replacement 70's sweatband, liner has several thick coats of paint with sand texture added , liner strap in brown leather with a black buckle, chin straps are WW II khaki bar stitched type with brass hardware (with nice patina), it came with a late WW II USMC repro helmet cover...but under this I discovered a non stainless rim repainted shell with a nice hand painted 2ND Rangers lozenge insignia!!
    heat stamp is I think 1246 F (lots of paint have made it very hard to read!!)
    your thoughts please!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Korean war M1 (2nd Rangers)????   Korean war M1 (2nd Rangers)????  

Korean war M1 (2nd Rangers)????   Korean war M1 (2nd Rangers)????  

that cover looks great mate does the brass chinstrap buckle have a raised bar ?

yes a little research on the originals shows the fabric to be a very good reproduction!!! ....and apart from being a bit too new looking, its also a pity the stitching is so bad(its hidden at the back for display!!)!!! I'm sorry mate I have no idea on the buckle what I'm looking for ...... do you mean the quick detach bar .. this doesn't have one!???