Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Late war corpsman or medic helmet

Article about: still could be reissued

Default Late war corpsman or medic helmet

Slow night tonight after supper(dinner) thought I would post pictures of my son's late war Schlueter corpsman or medic helmet. I added the leather chinstrap and IMP liner. I guess the cross had tape at one time you can tell the color difference. Nice helmet for a twelve year old. I bought the helmet 2 years ago from Troy on USMF. I hope you enjoy I know the pictures would have been better taken outside but it is dark and I was bored. Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Late war corpsman or medic helmet   Late war corpsman or medic helmet  

Late war corpsman or medic helmet   Late war corpsman or medic helmet  

Fortune favors the brave 644th td

More
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Late war corpsman or medic helmet   Late war corpsman or medic helmet  

More

nice helmet, is there an id

Thanks Danny no there is no ID on the helmet. Do you think corpsman or medic?

Very nice marty,think the boy done good,I like it a lot,good lid and thanks for showing........

i dont have a clue, mine is similiar to this except the helmet is not white and the cross was scratched off and a small one was put on, i was told it was done in the pacific to stop drawing attention to people

You can tell that it was tape but I don't know why it was removed. I guess maybe it was tearing in places there is dirt and grime on parts of the cross where may be the missing taped areas were sticky. Guessing; I still would love to hear ideas on if it is a hospital or ship corpman helmet or painted field/combat medic.
    Marty

are the chinstraps brown? if so maybe the helmet was used in korea and was painted white to blend in with snow during combat. there was alot of fighting in snowy conditions

No the chinstrap is green OD.7 the buckle is late war blackened steel. I believe the helmet is ww2 issue at least 44/45. Marty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast