Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Late war McCord

Article about: Hi guys just secured what looks like a late war lid and liner, rear seam swivel bale heat stamp 424A, Liner is Firestone although i am unsure of the 54 underneath, post war or Inland reworke

Default Late war McCord

Hi guys just secured what looks like a late war lid and liner, rear seam swivel bale heat stamp 424A, Liner is Firestone although i am unsure of the 54 underneath, post war or Inland reworked?
    All in all seems worth £50 of anyone`s money and currently on its way to the UK.
    Late war McCordLate war McCordLate war McCordLate war McCordLate war McCordLate war McCordLate war McCordLate war McCordLate war McCordLate war McCord

The helmet is a Schleuter as I'm sure in the picture I can see a faint S under the 424A. The 424A is also a give away that it is a schleuter as if it were a McCord that number would have made this a front seam, fixed bale helmet. McCords with the swivel bale and rear seam would have had a number from around 1100 and up. The Firestone liner with the green OD triangular washers would have put the production from early 1943 to mid 1944. The number underneath the firestone logo is not a Year date but a number that relates to the mold that pressed this liner. As to what EJR stands for I have no idea but to have it on both the helmet and liner is cool. A helmet which has definitely seen a lot of use post WW2 and £50 is a steal when you see some of the crap being sold on eBay for stupid money. I would have this helmet in my collection any day of the week a great score well done

Thanks Ian , I kind of thought that, i got the ETO book and i did not match up with guide as you say it would be front seam etc,
    if it is a Schleuter that is a bonus , the guy i got it from is a member of the VFW ( veterans of foreign wars ) and donates all monies to that, another bonus i guess, tells me it is from a son of ww2 Vet, may take a week or so to get here i will pop up some better shots then. thanks buddy.
    Steve

I've got an unbelievable M1 on its way from the states and it cost me a pretty penny but it's gonna be well worth it when it arrives. Can't wait to get some pics of it and post up on here

They are all in the US eh, kind of prefer m1`s over German now although i have retained a few relics.
    I remember my first Schuleter oh what a pain but worth it, still sits here now.

M1 Schuleter refurb

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    They are all in the US eh, kind of prefer m1`s over German now although i have retained a few relics.
    I remember my first Schuleter oh what a pain but worth it, still sits here now.

M1 Schuleter refurb
    I always wanted to collect WW2 German helmets but with so many clever fakes and the premium prices it would be to costly a mistake for me to make. M1s are pretty cheap enough to collect at the moment but I feel this won't last much longer so grab em while you can

Totally agree, i have 3 relics nothing special no liners etc but display well enough, and course space is key until my daughter moves out.

Nice set Steve.!.................

?

Really nice helmet and even better price, do know what the stencilling indicates. 😀

Hi, and thanks, i guess they must be initials but could be wrong, i was informed it was from the son off a WW2 Vet but is that what they all say, not in and yet only just got on the aircraft to fly over here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast