Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Late War RS SB Schlueter ?

Article about: Picked this little gem up a few months back and added it to my shelf due to a light stamping I can only make out a partial heat stamp on this M-1 ( 542 ) it is a RS/SB and IMO the helmet bod

?

Default Late War RS SB Schlueter ?

Picked this little gem up a few months back and added it to my shelf due to a light stamping I can only make out a partial heat stamp on this M-1
    ( 542 ) it is a RS/SB and IMO the helmet body retains its original cork finish and is sporting sewn OD-7 Chinstraps with blackened brass buckle and hook...
    When comparing this M-1 with my early war McCord it becomes evident that the helmet body is a lower profile with a more pronounced flare and oval spot welds on either side of the rim joint and the centre of the bales so if I am reading into my reference material correctly this would make this a good candidate for a late war Schlueter produced helmet body ?
    The liner is sporting a screw back Lt. Col insignia on the front and is a 1953 dated Westinghouse/Capac ...
    This particular M-1 came with a nice early dated April 1959 USMC Mitchell cover...
    Any and all opinions are most welcome thanks in advance

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Late War RS SB Schlueter ?   Late War RS SB Schlueter ?  

Late War RS SB Schlueter ?   Late War RS SB Schlueter ?  

Great looking set Mark,those Marine Mitchells are so in demand now,especially in that condition,good pick up.it would b an "S" pot with that heatstamp,all McCords run from about 1150 upwards.

?

Thanks for confirming my thoughts on this being a Schlueter Jake when I seen this M-1 I knew I had to add it to the shelf I have a few of these KW era lids now and the early USMC Mitchell cover was an absolute bonus as I do not see them come up for sale often...

Regards Mark