Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Late war Schlueter M1

Article about: Dear friends, this is my late war pot, made by Schlueter; rear seam and Westighouse liner. Reading carefully all the post related, I realized that all the Schlueter helmets have been made du

Default Late war Schlueter M1

Dear friends, this is my late war pot, made by Schlueter; rear seam and Westighouse liner. Reading carefully all the post related, I realized that all the Schlueter helmets have been made during WWII: but, is it still unknown, by the batch number, the exact month/year?
    Any imput, as usual, will be very appreciate!
    Regards,
    M.

Late war Schlueter M1Late war Schlueter M1Late war Schlueter M1Late war Schlueter M1
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Late war Schlueter M1   Late war Schlueter M1  

Late war Schlueter M1   Late war Schlueter M1  

To be brutally honest,even the McCord charts seriously have there question marks,obviously Schlueter changed to rear seam around the same time as McCords,november 1944,heatstamps would be in the "300" plus and early "500"s by august 1945,so a nine month window to roughly guess the production date,your stamp is very late at a guess around july 1945.did see a chart by can't remember where,will try and find it.

There is a chart over at USMF but exactly where not sure,have a browse you never know might come across it.

Ok; thanks Jake. I'll try.