Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Late ww2 original salty m1 set.

Article about: Ok probably not financially friendly but thats just the way it is when you like a certain look,not to everyone's taste,but couldn't resist this gem from Giorgio (italianwarfront).rear seamed

Default Late ww2 original salty m1 set.

Ok probably not financially friendly but thats just the way it is when you like a certain look,not to everyone's taste,but couldn't resist this gem from Giorgio (italianwarfront).rear seamed Schlueter with Firestone Liner.only missing the leather chinstrap (no change there).this set is straight out of the woodwork has never been cleaned and judging by the water rust stains has been together like forever...............
    Last edited by ruddersrangers44; 05-10-2015 at 04:52 PM.

nice helmet, i especially like the liner, excellent condition.

Harry

Nice example neat to see the OD7 chinstraps on them. timothy

Thanks Harry,and yes Tim its nice to now own both a front and rear seamed "S" POTS carrying the later OD7 webbing............

?

Nice one Jake , I really really like this example it just look's like an honest un-messed with M1 which is a breathe of fresh air as there are so many M1's on the market which just give me a bad feeling ,this one however look's the real deal,well done buddy I'm really glad you got this one in your collection

Thanx Gary,as an afterthought using the sellers pics might suggest that I dont own anything but Im way too honest to even contrive doing something like that,I can say that it is mine and is at the moment somewhere within her majesty's customs network....

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Thanx Gary,as an afterthought using the sellers pics might suggest that I dont own anything but Im way too honest to even contrive doing something like that,I can say that it is mine and is at the moment somewhere within her majesty's customs network....

No worries Jake, I assumed that was the case all along,I look forward to seeing your own updated pictures on arrival,hopefully once in the country Royal Snail will get a shufty on

Recieved today,pics arn't the best but its certainly got character and rare in todays market to be an original set judging by the water tide marks/stains,enjoy.............
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Late ww2 original salty m1 set.   Late ww2 original salty m1 set.  

Late ww2 original salty m1 set.   Late ww2 original salty m1 set.  

?

Glad The Royal Snail finally got it to you mate, I think what I am most impressed with now you have provided better pics is the patina, the rust almost looks like a camo effect. I am also surprised the liner is in such good condition considering the water damage. Now you have it in hand was it worth the wait and expense..I hope so

On a side note does the shell have some sort of coating over the patina ,I can make out horizontal brush strokes??

regards Gary.

That Gary is a good question and certainly needs answering but its difficult at best..In the last year or so I've encountered many like this with this type of finishing and there's a couple of opinions I have...firstly this Helmet never saw hardly any service life and would have thought it finished the war looking like new,so everything you see is postwar,secondly I too thought repaint?maybe plus bad storage where water has sat between the liner and shell giving it this rust look,but its difficult to define brush marks from scrapes.yes the liner is like new the blackened brass A washers still retain all there coating and the shell has no cracks/splits/chips etc.the OD7 chinstraps are solid and complete with only mild oxidising to the metal hardware,Bales have movement but are a little stiff.this was a borderline financial purchase,however the little "S" pot has grown on me enormously......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast