Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lieutenant m1 helmet pot to marry with liner

Article about: I got this hawley liner recently which is in one photo but have been looking for a pot. I wanted an opinion on this one. What do you think

Default Lieutenant m1 helmet pot to marry with liner

I got this hawley liner recently which is in one photo but have been looking for a pot. I wanted an opinion on this one. What do you think
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lieutenant m1 helmet pot to marry with liner   Lieutenant m1 helmet pot to marry with liner  

Lieutenant m1 helmet pot to marry with liner   Lieutenant m1 helmet pot to marry with liner  

This is not a LT helmet it is a warrant officers helmet ,I would say post-war.
    chris

Really? What gave it away? I will pass and keep looking then, do you know of any helmets to match my liner fOr sale?

It is Warrant Officer, as Chris states above - this style was not used
    in WWII - it is a later design.........

Below, WWII US Army Warrant Officer insignia:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lieutenant m1 helmet pot to marry with liner  
    Regards,

Steve.

Your liner is a first Lt white color so the shell rank on the helmet should be white.
    Yellow is for a butter bar second LT.
    chris

?

Also if you where to get the shell for the liner, I think the rust on the top would get all over the top of the Hawley. If seriously looking for a shell I would suggest just to get a regular shell. They did not always paint rank insignia on their helmets

Ok, i may do that, but before i do, does anyone know of somonne or somewhere i could get one with the bar

so do you think this is postwar bar? it has a vietnam liner and repaint

Post war. You can try posting a thread asking if anyone has one and see if they will sell it to you.

What gave it away was the Warrant Officers bar on the front of the helmet.
    Even if it was a Lt bar it is gold so it would be a second Lt bar.
    The bar on your liner looks silver so it would be a first Lt bar.
    Even if the bars matched you would not pair them because the helmet is a SB.
    Hawley liners are correctly paired with Fixed Bale pots.
    In closing you need a FB helmet with a silver or white bar on the front.
    That will likely be an expensive venture for a not so good condition Hawley.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast