Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Liner cleaning?

Article about: Hi all, sorry, i wonder if i could ask help on this liner... i have recently found quite a nice m1 set, attached picture of the liner. Now i think this may well be a proper 'barn find', as t

?

Default Liner cleaning?

Hi all, sorry, i wonder if i could ask help on this liner... i have recently found quite a nice m1 set, attached picture of the liner. Now i think this may well be a proper 'barn find', as the liner is full of dirt, and to make matters worse, it stinks!! May well be animal droppings of some sort.
    Has anybody had any success cleaning a liner in such a state? I'm thinking of running it under a tap?
    Any advice very much appreciated, thank you, Shaun
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Liner cleaning?   Liner cleaning?  

Liner cleaning?  

I would try a damp cloth taking care not to damage it any further, keep it well vented the smell will soon go.

Any odor killer made for pets or urine should help and speed up the odor removal process. I don’t think you can do anymore damage but be careful it look fragile.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

If it smells bad then I would wash it in warm water and detergent and then thoroughly dry gently with towel and a hairdryer to make sure it is completely dry. Nice liner I like it.

?

Thanks very much gents, forgot about the odor remover, i'll try to was it gently this afternoon. Fingers crossed!