MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

looking for

Article about: ok, pm me if you have anything else to sell always looking for something.

?

Default looking for

I am looking for a M1 for my collection
    I don't want to spend a whole lot but does anyone know of one for sale? I want a ww2 issue as well

Default Re: looking for

hi ever looked on ebay?as for ww2 complete M1 that ain't gonna be low costing im afraid.dave.

Bazza, I'm looking to, good luck finding one!
    And atleast getting it in to Australia

I have a fixed bail shell with one chinstrap I'm thinking of selling. Has original paint....no liner though.

?

could you chuck up some pics Mk1rceme?

I found this helmet for sale listed as ww2, could someone tell me about it is it ww2 or later?

looking for

looking for
    Last edited by bazza; 06-14-2012 at 12:37 PM.

4md
    ?

this one looks post war bazza, the chinstrap and od green webbing , this one may be late 50's early 60's not ww2

regards Paul

?

It's not US. The liner is 70's, and the shell may be 50's Dutch or Belgian. I'd say Belgian Marines.

The giveaway is the plastic liner, and the rear seam with a stainless steel rim; a well as the smooth paint finish.
    .: World War Helmets - Casque Modèle 51 :.

Beware, there are many types of helmets based on the M1 design, and people often mistake them, or try to pass them off as US WWII M1s.

Nitram

What adds to the confusion that Nitram mentioned is that U.S. M1 helmets were often reissued.

For example, I was recently given an M1 with camo cover that appeared to be Vietenam era issued all the way (rear seam, swivvle bail, vietnam era liner webbing, one sided woodland camo cover).

I took the liner and cover off and was shocked to see that the helmet once served with the US Navy, I assume during WWII. Ghosting thru the sandy green paint on the outside, you can clearly see "64" on the front and back of the helmet (probably a battle station number on a ship). On the inside of the pot you can see that the helmet was once painted a deep Navy blue.

?

You could try here.

1939 - 1945 WWII | eBay
    Not much there at the moment though, save that search and keep a careful lookout.
    Post 'em here before you buy one though!

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

I'll throw some pics up tonight...I'm setting up for a garage sale this weekend so I have stuff piled on top of stuff at the moment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast