Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

LT Colonel helmet, layers of different ranks???

Article about: This is on auction but it's going to high. What you think? The Helmet is a front seam, swivel bail, WW2 worn rebuild. The rebuild and refurnishing takes palce throughout the War when the off

Default LT Colonel helmet, layers of different ranks???

This is on auction but it's going to high. What you think? The Helmet is a front seam, swivel bail, WW2 worn rebuild. The rebuild and refurnishing takes palce throughout the War when the officer changed ranks. You can tell from the recolor to the chinstrap and head band that was replaced at one time. * Used helmet with wear and rub marks throughout with paint loss to outer rim edge. Inside of helmet under liner shows rust and wear as well. Removable liner with the Lieutenant Colonel insignia is also in used condition with rub marks and paint loss to outer shell and the metal that holds the webbing shows signs of corrosion and light surface wear. Thge liner is marked with an (S) which is a Schlueter Shell #10. Chin strap works and is a mid war chinstrap, also shows use and discoloration. This helmet is fresh from an estate and I have not tried to clean it. This Helmet is quite unique, you can see the officers rank advancent through the time he served in the War. On the back of the helment is First Lieutenant stripe. On the front of the helmet is a layover, the bottom insignia is a gold Major rank, and the over layed on top is the silver Lieutenant Colonel rank insignia.*Attachment 985451Attachment 985460Attachment 985459Attachment 985458Attachment 985451Attachment 985460Attachment 985459Attachment 985458

- - ------- - -

Sorry uploading through phone duplicates it sometimes

From the colour shade of the shell I would say this was a Korean War helmet, darker green than ww2 OD colour, but that may just be the photos. The liner doesn't look ww2 either though.

I was really puzzled by this one. I think the liner is ww2, but not sure. I don't know a bout the paint job on the outer shell though

WW2 shell + Liner with postwar sweatband + repaint and insignia,as already said typical field Korean re-issued set,quite common,however if the two insignia's weren't there then ask yourself how would someone pay for this set?not a lot..................

Very well explained. I knew some of it was replaced but the insignia and the painted over follow me stripe Confused me, just wasn't sure when it was placed on there, thank you

Not a bad set and the price didn't go too high.
    One thing I didn't like was that the laundry number was B7766 (not an officer).
    That being said it could have been put there before the soldier was promoted.

I had a 200 gift card too ebay and I was going to blow it on it but I hesitated for some reason. Good eye on that anton..its hard to say but something about it kept me watching it all week