Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The lunatics have taken over the asylum!

Article about: This seems to happen more often these days.... this medic helmet is not the only one.

Default The lunatics have taken over the asylum!

How can this be acceptible within the fun and hobbie like collecting of historical helmets?this original eto medic lid on ebay as i type is touching the £2,000 mark,lets get real for a moment if was a d looped lid then fair enough,but just a front seamed fixed bale with medic markings com'on you cannot be seriously telling me its really worth that amount of cash,can it?dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The lunatics have taken over the asylum!  

?

Default Re: The lunatics have taken over the asylum!

Hello Dave. I have been watching that one. Seller "found" it years ago. (Have a look at his other stuff too.) No provenance with it either but there is a laundry number. To me not worth a fraction of that price. I have my doubts about the authenticity of the paint too.
    A fool and his money.........

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

$3,000.

"Nuts...."
    Regards,

Steve.

Ive also been watching the series of helmets posted on ebay by this seller, In my opinion these items arent worth that much, its people with way too much money to spend going crazy because all they do is sit on ebay and try to win items that you rarely see originals of (on ebay) so they go off the deep end. Majority of us who go out to flea markets, estate sales, etc are sometimes lucky enough to find items similar that we get for $75(Thats the price I picked up a MINT netted front seam SB with MINT Firestone liner for). Im not knocking ebay because I also buy from their its just CLOSET COLLECTORS! - Nick K

I don't care if that helmet was worn by Patton himself....$3050? That's just being stupid....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I don't care if that helmet was worn by Patton himself....$3050? That's just being stupid....
    Agreed. This hobby can become an addiction, and some people need to get to rehab.

Regards,

Andy
    Last edited by aj4010; 05-29-2012 at 10:00 AM.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

I don't think there is someone that stupid out there. It's ebay 'grey bidding' scheme. Seller asks relatives and friends to bid on his items so hopefully someone from the side would fall into that scam. It's all over the ebay. Usually the person from side loses that auction because of hight bidding, support group keeps pushing the price to the sky. And then he/she is being offered a second chance.

like your wise words of wisdom andy,cheers guys i knew i wasn't alone on this stupity,like its been already said some people just have way too much pocket change hanging around with nothing to use it on,thats easy give it to me haha,

Final bid price = $3150...but, hey....they offer Free Shipping! Such a bargain...I bet the Seller is going on a vacation Real soon.... I think I have a pair of old socks around here somewhere...someone told me they once belonged to an Army Medic...if the buyer is nice, I'll let them go for a grand...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast