Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M-1 ebay win

Article about: If you do try to bend it back, do it slowly Nick and watch for any cracks starting to appear on the inside stop if that happens. I work with brass and copper every day I think it will bend b

?

Default Re: M-1 ebay win

Quote by Perspectivist View Post
    Nice find, I've seen many lids pass on ebay under similar circumstances (bad pics, obsolete titles). The last months of last year were full of them, but now they seem to have gotten harder to find. I've decided to go to the flea market to make myself feel better

What was this one posted under?
    cheers mate this was under general Vietnam era militeria so nearly passed me by.

- - Updated - -

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    The one i just picked up: was posted under "army helmet" https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/helme...nam-m1-281668/

just see your post on that nice pick up.

gazumped again humbug...........well done anyway Nick........Jake.

?

sorry mate just stumbled on it at the last minute no time to get any real info as to whether anyone else here was going for it.

It maybe wasn’t that badly listed if you were looking for a Vietnam m1, I look for ww2 stuff.
    Vietnam 1969 Us Army M1 Helmet And Liner.
    Rod
    Im to slow at typing lol

Its all cool here at WRF its the way it goes.i downloaded the pics and zoomed in and saw it was fixed loop however i wasn't overwhelmed by the chinstraps or paint....but may be fine in the end,as you say its bound to happen bidding against each other sooner or later,thats a part of life......enjoy your new prize........Jake.

?

Cool Update

update:

well its turned up & i think its £31 well spent its not in the best of condition repainted, big crack & god knows what happened to the chin strap buckle but its in solid condition & has lots of character
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M-1 ebay win   M-1 ebay win  

M-1 ebay win   M-1 ebay win  

M-1 ebay win  

Nice buy nick,at least the bales are intact,looks like big momma sat on that buckle.......Jake.

?

cheers mate

she wont win no beauty contest but she's just the way i like them well used with plenty of character

It looks fine Nick, can you make out what it says on the chin strap.
    It must have took a bit of force to bend that buckle like that, are you going to have a shot at straightening it.
    Where can you pick up a fixed bail with both its chin straps for that kinda money these days, you did fine. Is it raised bar buckle.
    Rod

?

Quote by plumbob View Post
    It looks fine Nick, can you make out what it says on the chin strap.
    It must have took a bit of force to bend that buckle like that, are you going to have a shot at straightening it.
    Where can you pick up a fixed bail with both its chin straps for that kinda money these days, you did fine. Is it raised bar buckle.
    Rod

cheers Rod

i cant make out whats stamped on the chin strap as its too blurry, i have thought about trying to bend out the buckle but im worried i'll snap it its not the raised bar type just the flat brass type.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast