Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M-1 ebay win

Article about: If you do try to bend it back, do it slowly Nick and watch for any cracks starting to appear on the inside stop if that happens. I work with brass and copper every day I think it will bend b

Default Re: M-1 ebay win

If you do try to bend it back, do it slowly Nick and watch for any cracks starting to appear on the inside stop if that happens. I work with brass and copper every day I think it will bend back with no problems.
    Just my advice remember don’t come crying to me if it snaps lol.
    I wonder how Andy got on with his operation ?
    Best regards
    Rod

NCA
    ?

Nice price for fixed loop!Pity the name on the chinstrap is blurry might of got a hit on NARA?
    As for that bent buckle, personally i'd leave it as its bent double it would almost certainly break if you tried to straighten it...Ill wager they were cold stamped so that will make them hard to start with unless they were then annealed?

?

cheers guys im still in two minds about attempting anything as i can be a clumsy at times but Ive been told that it can be done as theres no existing fractures or cracks & seems to have been only bent over once ?

@NCA it is a shame about the stamp i was hoping to find out something but no matter how i look at it i just cant make any of it out.

?

ive been trying to work out the number on the chinstrap it looks to be 193?941? Ive tried many combinations of number on the NARA web site but no hits ?
    Attached Images Attached Images M-1 ebay win  M-1 ebay win 

the more I look at it the bluryer it gets
    this is what I see KIRKEND?? US 19389416
    could be way out
    good luck
    Rod

?

Ive tried a few different combo's of the number but no luck so its a dead end which is a shame.

thats a pity!
    Rod

Just a suggestion: 19399410
    In my opinion the last is 0

NCA
    ?

Nick, Have you tried contacting that guy on USMF?He developed a program for searching NARA using just the last four digits of the number.I think he gets about 20-30 likely hits..Might be worth a try?To me it looks like 'Kirkendall'..

A "Laundry Mark" Search Database is now available. - RESEARCH SOURCES - U.S. Militaria Forum

?

cheers mate i might give that a go but for now here's how it looks now Ive paired it up with an MSA liner i had & added the net with band i got recently for display
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M-1 ebay win   M-1 ebay win  

M-1 ebay win   M-1 ebay win  

M-1 ebay win   M-1 ebay win  

M-1 ebay win  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast