Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M-1 Helmet Hawley First pattern General Fiber? Fixed bale w/ Light straps and Front seam McCord Shell? Gradfathers garage

Article about: Hey all, took this gem off my grandfather a while back with some other interesting artifacts he got stationed over in Hawaii. would love to hear your thoughts! Finances are a bit tight and I

Default M-1 Helmet Hawley First pattern General Fiber? Fixed bale w/ Light straps and Front seam McCord Shell? Gradfathers garage

Hey all, took this gem off my grandfather a while back with some other interesting artifacts he got stationed over in Hawaii. would love to hear your thoughts! Finances are a bit tight and I am not a huge U.S. collector. Ive been told it looks all original, just trying to get more info off the gentlemen my grandfather got it from and if the markets good to maybe sell it? Thinking about selling the grouping of his stuff.

Thanks!Attachment 1108328Attachment 1108333Attachment 1108332Attachment 1108331Attachment 1108330Attachment 1108329M-1 Helmet Hawley First pattern General Fiber? Fixed bale w/ Light straps and Front seam McCord Shell? Gradfathers garageM-1 Helmet Hawley First pattern General Fiber? Fixed bale w/ Light straps and Front seam McCord Shell? Gradfathers garageM-1 Helmet Hawley First pattern General Fiber? Fixed bale w/ Light straps and Front seam McCord Shell? Gradfathers garageM-1 Helmet Hawley First pattern General Fiber? Fixed bale w/ Light straps and Front seam McCord Shell? Gradfathers garageM-1 Helmet Hawley First pattern General Fiber? Fixed bale w/ Light straps and Front seam McCord Shell? Gradfathers garageM-1 Helmet Hawley First pattern General Fiber? Fixed bale w/ Light straps and Front seam McCord Shell? Gradfathers garage
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M-1 Helmet Hawley First pattern General Fiber? Fixed bale w/ Light straps and Front seam McCord Shell? Gradfathers garage   M-1 Helmet Hawley First pattern General Fiber? Fixed bale w/ Light straps and Front seam McCord Shell? Gradfathers garage  

MAP
    ?

Have you tried the NARA database? A long shot with only initials and a not uncommon last name...

Will admit, I can't help on the helmet. I have one but needed help from Jake and the guys when I picked it up.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

That is a nice fixed loop with an even nicer first pattern Hawley liner, and all the parts look original. The leather chinstraps on these are usually broken and are usually fragile so be careful with it. Being named on both the liner and shell is nice, it has a Navy look to it. Congrats on the find!

?

If the LIKE button worked I would of hit it!!

I'm loving that Hawley liner.

That whole set up is great looking.
    cough(sword help)cough cough

You mentioned Grouping. What else did you get ?
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

A nice find Bryan as I mentioned on the OMC group ...

Regards Mark

Thanks for the help and comments, he has some other small stuff I believe that was brought from Hawaii, Ill try and post pictures at some point. Wanted to get your thoughts if this is worth selling soon or selling later in hopes the market gets better? Has the classified section here been good for members to sell/purchase items?

MAP
    ?

The Classifieds Section is very good. I have sold items there with good success.

As far as selling now or later....difficult to predict. But I will say that high quality items will always sell.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Awesome will post it there when i find the rest of the stuff and get more info!

MAP
    ?

What are the other items?

Quote by MAP View Post
    What are the other items?
    Nothing really valuable as if yet it seems just cool smalls to make the collection display better. A couple Hawaiian newspapers, navy magazines, a cool Hawaiian calendar and some other small souvenirs. I am unearthing stuff every day from my grandpas estate so more is bound to come up hopefully!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast