Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M-1 helmet with modded liner, Israeli tanker helmet

Article about: by Nitram I think inspiration for these may have been drawn from US Tankers wearing M1 pots over their M38 tanker helmets as shown here: Attachment 329620 Lovely piece of kit Nitram i believ

?

Question M-1 helmet with modded liner, Israeli tanker helmet

won this off ebay last week it was sold as an Israeli tanker helmet, its a US M-1 helmet & liner but the liner has been modified to be more like a tanker helmet its unissued still with its paperwork. this is the first time ive seen one of these so was wondering if anyone else here has one ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M-1 helmet with modded liner, Israeli tanker helmet   M-1 helmet with modded liner, Israeli tanker helmet  

M-1 helmet with modded liner, Israeli tanker helmet   M-1 helmet with modded liner, Israeli tanker helmet  

M-1 helmet with modded liner, Israeli tanker helmet   M-1 helmet with modded liner, Israeli tanker helmet  

M-1 helmet with modded liner, Israeli tanker helmet  
    Attached Images Attached Images M-1 helmet with modded liner, Israeli tanker helmet 

Default Re: M-1 helmet with modded liner, Israeli tanker helmet

Hmm, never seen this before. It strikes me as odd that the interior markings are in English not Hebrew. Is that sheet showing this helmet? Interesting one you have here.

?

the helmet & liner are US made not foreign made but not sure if it was modified by the US or Israeli army ?

i think the note with it is just a translation of how to adjust the liner for better comfort because the pamphlet is still in English ?

strange and interresting helmet.
    chris

Interesting for sure! Other than the eBay posting, what exactly points to this helmet/liner being Israeli? From what I udnerstand, all the US shells, used by the Israeli's had the third point attached to the back for there unique chin strap, all these being done back in the 1960's thru 80's. Certainly someone was trying to make a very purpose lid, will be great to get the full story behind this. The "Its Your Head" booklet was standard US print and issues wasn't it?

Great find.....

?

im trying to find out more info about this lid as its a bit of of area of knowledge as for the booklet these were standard US issue.

If in fact this is some variation of a tanker helmet, I wonder of the use of the M-1 shell was added by the seller (or whoever) thinking the liner needed a shell. The modified liner certainly looks to fit the bill of a tanker style helmet (w/o a source for providing coms) but the addition of the steel shell seems to have no real purpose.

?

well the shell & liner have been together for some time from the scratches & marks would indicate but who knows until i can get some more info it is what it is.

?

The earflaps look like ones from a US M38 helmet. Interesting beast!

Nitram

?

it is indeed so far no one else has come across one ??

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast