Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

M-1 ww2 marine corps helmet.? Need help to verify please

Article about: Another helmet recently discovered but owned by me for years, since i joined these forums, i have begun to doubt myself .at age 81 i intend to sell immediately or so on ebay but i will not s

Default M-1 ww2 marine corps helmet.? Need help to verify please

Another helmet recently discovered but owned by me for years,
    since i joined these forums, i have begun to doubt myself .at age 81 i intend to sell immediately or so on ebay but i will not sell anything that is not correct.
    The cover is o.k. I believe because of the wear and tear. The helmet has what seems to my uneducated eye, a little longer peak which may indicate late ww2 production or is it a paratrooper pot?
    The liner seems m-1 and is not a paratrooper but the inner interior seems a little odd.
    Comments in the recent past have been so helpful especially ade and nick.not to omit the others that have also helped so much. Thank you.
    Although i have collected hundreds of items i tend to accept what i am told at militaria shows. Now i realise that there are dealers who will look you in the eye and lie in their teeth. But it has been a lot of fun and i bear no-one ill will.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M-1 ww2 marine corps helmet.? Need help to verify please   M-1 ww2 marine corps helmet.? Need help to verify please  

M-1 ww2 marine corps helmet.? Need help to verify please   M-1 ww2 marine corps helmet.? Need help to verify please  

M-1 ww2 marine corps helmet.? Need help to verify please   M-1 ww2 marine corps helmet.? Need help to verify please  

M-1 ww2 marine corps helmet.? Need help to verify please  

?

Default Re: M-1 ww2 marine corps helmet.? Need help to verify please

hiya this is a standard GI's Vietnam era helmet the cover dates about 1965 the shell is of 1960's production as is the liner theres nothing about this set up that suggest airborne use of any type.

thank you nick.
    i have posted a most unusual?fake airborne helmet on the airborne section. does your knowledge extend to that area too please.

?

sorry mate i only know about US M-1 helmets.

?

The Mitchell pattern helmet cover is not 'Corp. The 'Corp helmet covers have a paper tag not a Federal Stock Number stamp. It is a Army style cover. Rich A. in Pa.

Still, vietnam helmets are becoming more collectible and yours is a very good example, I think there going for about $40 at the present time.

?

they are if they're not what we call puttogethers which i think this one is as i don't think the liner sweat band is original to the liner as the liner looks to be almost unused condition compared to the sweat band & i believe the sweat band is of a later date as well ?

there's so much unissued original VN era helmet parts out there at the mo & has been for some time that helmets like this wont fetch the money an original untouched one will.

with this one will probably go for $40 to $50 if you're lucky ?

I agree with Nick and Rich's comments............

Although the cover does look similar to that of the WWII USMC type
    ( I'm sure they were made of HBT fabric ) - it is still a nice helmet !
    Regards,

Steve.