Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 3rd ID Parade Helmet?

Article about: Hello All I am new to the collector scene. I know a thing or 2 about German Steel but when it comes to American M1s I am clueless. I have a couple of Post (?) WW2 Helms that Ive aquired alon

Default M1 3rd ID Parade Helmet?

Hello All
    I am new to the collector scene. I know a thing or 2 about German Steel but when it comes to American M1s I am clueless. I have a couple of Post (?) WW2 Helms that Ive aquired along the way that I will be posting. I am about start digging in deep and involving myself is learning everything A - Z about M1s but before I do ... I wanted to see what these Helmets I have are all about and default to the experts here on these. I wont say anything about them. I appreciate you taking a look and I look forward to being an active member of this community. Please also your recommendations on
    1) the quintissential WW2 M1 Helmet book and
    2) the best Post War M1 Book in your collective opinions.
    There is a lot of info to be had online but there is something about a good ol reference book! Thanks so much! - Zach

3) Also - Does anyone know anything or seen this type of front seam helmet / Paint Job / 3rd Idea Insignia before ? Whats going on w this Helm. Let me know if you have any ideas

M1 3rd ID Parade Helmet?M1 3rd ID Parade Helmet?M1 3rd ID Parade Helmet?M1 3rd ID Parade Helmet?M1 3rd ID Parade Helmet?M1 3rd ID Parade Helmet?M1 3rd ID Parade Helmet?M1 3rd ID Parade Helmet?M1 3rd ID Parade Helmet?M1 3rd ID Parade Helmet?
    Last edited by PaddyD00; 02-10-2020 at 06:18 AM.

Seem used by the allied forces in the time that germany was occupied 1945-51
    BR
    Bavarian

?

Decal is likely Korean War or after, looks fine to me