Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1 Airborne Medic Helmet for review

Article about: I picked this up today and believe it to be correct. Was purchased from the son of the vet in southern MN. He did not know much about what area his father served in the. I like it, but would

Default M1 Airborne Medic Helmet for review

I picked this up today and believe it to be correct. Was purchased from the son of the vet in southern MN. He did not know much about what area his father served in the. I like it, but would like other opinions good or bad. All opinions and comments are appreciated.
    John

M1 Airborne Medic Helmet for reviewM1 Airborne Medic Helmet for reviewM1 Airborne Medic Helmet for reviewM1 Airborne Medic Helmet for reviewM1 Airborne Medic Helmet for reviewM1 Airborne Medic Helmet for reviewM1 Airborne Medic Helmet for reviewM1 Airborne Medic Helmet for review

hi at first glance I thought this was a inland liner.
    As far as I am aware Firestone did not make ww2 airborne liners, that's not to say it may not have been rigger modified, but then again from memory I am sure all the modified ones I have seen have had OD7 coloured "A" frames, this one appears to be OD3 coloured or it may just be the shade in the picture. plus they were usually fitted separately with other rivets.
    Just a couple of pointers which may help with your research.
    all the best with it
    Rod