Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

m1 cammo cover

Article about: thanks for the link andy i will have a look ,james

Default m1 cammo cover

hi guys i was just wandering if anybody could id this style of cover i have on my m1 i purchased it recently im really quite fond of the design it reminds me of the uk woodland dpm kind regards james m1 cammo cover

?

Default Re: m1 cammo cover

Looks like 1970s/80s American ERDL cover, late Vietnam perhaps. Should be a date on it somewhere.

Best Regards,

Andy

CF Used M1 Helmet With ERDL Cover
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

I think it's a US ERDL Camo cover.

Nitram

EDIT - Andy beat me to it.

thanks for the comments guys this is a picture of the m1 with the cover it originally came with i presumed this to be erdl back when i purchased it such is my lack of knowledge on us cammo patterns are there different variations on the erdl theme ? thanks again jamesm1 cammo coverm1 cammo cover

Depending on the date, it is either and EDRL or a Woodlands Camo, I'm leaning towards EDRL judging from pattern size.

I'm no expert on these but from the second set of photos posted I now am leaning to the Woodland side. I believe the Woodland had more "brownish" color tones vs. the EDRL that had more of a shade of green instead of the brown. Looks like I'm just making it confusing now....

?

I agree, first is ERDL, second is Woodland.

Nitram

no problem russ your input is always most welcome thanks nitram and andy the date stamp is illegible unfortunately do you think it would be dla or dsa period thanks james

James, if it is any help, the Woodland pattern should match your early K-Pot cover. The EDRL pattern was never used for K-Pots.

?

Should be DLA I think, though not 100%

Regards,

Andy

Edit: Cammo covers DLA and DSA info here:
    Spooky Vietnam era helmet?
    Last edited by aj4010; 04-09-2012 at 04:50 PM.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast