Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

m1 camo cover info

Article about: hi guys ,ive owned this ww2 mccord for a number of years but my question relates to the silk parachute cover i fitted a while back ,im wondering which theater of war it might of been used an

Default m1 camo cover info

hi guys ,ive owned this ww2 mccord for a number of years but my question relates to the silk parachute cover i fitted a while back ,im wondering which theater of war it might of been used and was it a common thing amongst G I's to do using chute material in this way ive also heard this material pattern was used post war even up till the vietnam war if thats true i dont know,any info would be great oh and please ignore the post war netting thanks in advance james m1 camo cover infom1 camo cover info

Default Re: m1 camo cover info

I've read that it was a regular thing for the paras to use 'chute silk as a helmet cover in ww2, and that the legs would try to use it if they could find it. Now I just wish I could remember where I read that.

?

This would have been used in the European theater. These were used by paras but infantry men could also wear these. I think they wore these up into the korean war

Plenty of footage floating around of enterprising GI's using pieces of a parachute as a camo cover.

?

There were some of these covers that were made by the german postwar also that have an elastic band in them

many thanks guys for you help ,much appreciated

Did you know that even the Germans used them?

Now this is what I call photographic evidence, to back my claim..

now that is a superb photo kenbent i can only wonder to where the soldier found it ,thanks for sharing ,james